Golf Cart front roof supports problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Cart front roof supports problem

Problem - Both Front roof support bars are broken again. The supports are breaking right above the top bolt. I have a clay basket mounted to those bars.

Solutions - ????????? I am considering adding a support bar where the windshield folds down. Thinking this would prevent the side to side motion I get when I ride on ranch roads. This should also reduce the windshield bounce I get.

Duct tape!

Comment

Picture? I think your right. I would think maybe the twist of the basket when its overloaded from the front is causing the break. Maybe weld a piece of flatbar from the front of the basket back to the vertical roof support. That would take off any twisting downward motion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

A picture would help.
        Could you sleve the existing tube with the next size larger tube to reinforce it?

Comment

Comment

Mine broke in the same exact spot and I just welded it back together. Had to sand some down for looks but left enough on there to hold. Been holding for almost a year so far. If you don’t have access to a welder I would sand it down good and use JB weld.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Mine broke in the same exact spot and I just welded it back together. Had to sand some down for looks but left enough on there to hold. Been holding for almost a year so far. If you don’t have access to a welder I would sand it down good and use JB weld.

I tried JB weld and it broke it. I am not a welding, but I will ask my neighbor if he can weld it back together.

Comment

That might be from people climbing in and out. Using the riser as a grab bar. not sure the basket weight would break it right there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Welding it alone wont work, you will need to reinforce it

Comment

Will see what we can do to reinforce it

Comment

I would try to weld a piece of angle iron on the support

Comment

Mine did the same. I welded it back together then added a piece of bar stock to the inside. Good as new now!

dp

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                          I tried JB weld and it broke it. I am not a welding, but I will ask my neighbor if he can weld it back together.
                          If you can get it to Sherman, we can fix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            If you can get it to Sherman, we can fix it up.
                            Where in Sherman?

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                              Where in Sherman?

1622 South First. Could get you worked in tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X