How to get rid of sticker burrs...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get rid of sticker burrs...?

How we get rid of sticker burrs quickly and efficiently?

About 1/2 acre of surface area mostly carpet grass is being infested with them.

Any advice or tips is appreciated!! TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following for your results

Comment

fire

Comment

what are you calling sticker burrs? I have a burr that grows out of a plant that looks like a clover, but produces a flat-round burr is covered with spikes. The plant is thick and smothers everything out in the summer leaving only it. I kill this plant by spraying roundup prior to march (or summer grasses green up) I have spot spayed in summer because if you leae it no grass will grow anyway.

Comment

We have grass burs bad and we put out pure nitrogen in jan each year. it works for us on a 3.5 acre yard.

Comment

Long version? Continual mowing.
            I like that chemical method better.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
              We have grass burs bad and we put out pure nitrogen in jan each year. it works for us on a 3.5 acre yard.
              How many pounds nitrogen per acre are putting down ?

Comment

These are the hard burrs that hurt to step on

Comment

Pear burner till they pop.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                    These are the hard burrs that hurt to step on

Pre-emergent to kill them when they sprout. Once they sprout, Roundup kills them but kills your grass too. There is another herbicide that kills them that you can useon bermuda but not on St. Augustine. I had one lawn with a minor infestation of them that I controlled by applying Roundup to individual plants with a small foam paint brush.

Comment

Not fast but I have been digging them up for the past 2 years. I think I have them about whipped.

Comment

Brunner, I have a Billy Goat Vacuum at the shop ( google it ) I was planing on selling this past year and never got around to it.
                        If I remember right, I had a brand new carb put on it. I have the bag somewhere here at the house or maybe at our farm, or you can rig up a hose to the front (provision for it) and shoot it into a trash can or something? IDK. You are welcome to use it. I wont be back till Tuesday, call me that morning and I'll have the mechanic crank it. It works on acorns so it should work on grass burrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                          Brunner, I have a Billy Goat Vacuum at the shop ( google it ) I was planing on selling this past year and never got around to it.
                          If I remember right, I had a brand new carb put on it. I have the bag somewhere here at the house or maybe at our farm, or you can rig up a hose to the front (provision for it) and shoot it into a trash can or something? IDK. You are welcome to use it. I wont be back till Tuesday, call me that morning and I'll have the mechanic crank it. It works on acorns so it should work on grass burrs.

Perfect I won't be going to POC till 2nd weekend of March but I'll take you up on the offer thanks KB

Comment

Msma

Comment

I've just tried to get my grass to choke them out....as well as pull and by hand that I see.

Comment

Working...
                              X