No announcement yet.

Kyle Tucker is an Astro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...Tucker should have been on third for sure.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI3luo0sZ40&t=476s"]Astros string together wild walk-off rally with bizarre finish - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
      Yeah...Tucker should have been on third for sure.
      Astros string together wild walk-off rally with bizarre finish - YouTube
      I cant take it anymore. There are some complete asinine comments on this thread regarding this young man. SMDH.

Comment

So you think his base-running was good last night? SMDH...

Comment

I got nothin' against the guy. Like I posted, first time I'd seen him in action... My observations were that he sure lacked intensity and hustle and focus... And THAT is FAR from asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            So you think his base-running was good last night? SMDH...
            the dbl? yeh..
            the steals? yeh..
            the crossing the plate 3 times? yeh
            Could he have taken second on the the throw from right to 3rd.. probably.. was it a necessity? nope..

3rd game in MLB. ... he's doin just fine.

Comment

I got nothin' against the guy. Like I posted, first time I'd seen him in action... My observations were that he sure lacked intensity and hustle and focus... And THAT is FAR from asinine.
              Charlie, my comment wasnt directed at you. I have just have been reading this thread and it seems some are sure hard on a very young man trying to do his best on baseball's biggest stage. I do disagree with you on these couple of baserunning instances. I dont think there is anyway he makes third on that play to the plate. Lucroy nailed Altuve the night before when he got overly agressive trying to take third on a pitch that got away from him. You dont see many guys take second on a single to right field when the throw goes into third base. I admit I havent seen this young man play much so maybe he does like that hustle gene. I do like what I have seen from him so far.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                the dbl? yeh..
                the steals? yeh..
                the crossing the plate 3 times? yeh
                Could he have taken second on the the throw from right to 3rd.. probably.. was it a necessity? nope..

3rd game in MLB. ... he's doin just fine.
                Well, like I posted, the 9th inning last night is the ONLY time I've seen him play and just expressed my own personal observations... But yea, it's pretty easy to cross the plate when the guy behind you puts one in the cheap seats when you're on base...

For sure ain't worth gettin' all worked up about it... I wish him well and obviously the guy's got skillz or he wouldn't be where he is.

Comment

For sure ain't worth gettin' all worked up about it... I wish him well and obviously the guy's got skillz or he wouldn't be where he is.

Comment

Comment

You can't judge anyone off 3 games either way. I like the kid myself, and I'm rooting for him. Not sure why he is receiving so much hate from people when he hasn't even finished a series.

Comment

Time will tell. He’s going through a severe learning curve adjusting to the bigs, he’s a big student of the game trying his best. I’ll bet he improves quickly, he stole a base last night, doubled and scored the winning run. Everyone will coach him up.

Comment

I posted this on another board regarding Tucker. It isn't pointed at anyone, just thought I would crosspost here as it seems to be relevant.

By a quick count, in rounds 1, Comp A, 2, Comp B, 3, and Supplemental of the 2015 11 or 12 guys have made the show, the two best being the World Champion Astros Alex Bregman and the Sox Andrew Benintendi. Three of them were high school players. Mike Soroka has gotten a few starts with Atlanta as a starter. Jordan Hicks surprisingly broke camp with the Cards as a reliever, but has been ****ed good. Kyle "Ted" Tucker is the first prep position player from his draft class to make the show, and he broke in on the World Series Champs with one of the best lineups in baseball by being a stud hoss at every level despite commonly playing against guys much older than he is.

Dominating minor league levels against guys that are on average 3-4 years older than you is a pretty good indicator of future success. Getting to the show at 21 as a hitter is another very good indicator. Despite his nickname and 'attitude' I'd bet on Ted being pretty **** good for the Stros, even if it isn't this season.

He is a 21 yo that hasn't filled out yet on a team full of grown *** men that won a World Series last year. That has to be intimidating. There is a reasonable chance that we aren't seeing his real personality come through on television broadcasts of baseball games.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            I posted this on another board regarding Tucker. It isn't pointed at anyone, just thought I would crosspost here as it seems to be relevant.
                            Sounds like very sound reasoning to me... Seems to me that they may be rushing this kid up to the Show too quick... Hope he's able to respond to it without it crushing him...

Comment

Sounds like very sound reasoning to me... Seems to me that they may be rushing this kid up to the Show too quick... Hope he's able to respond to it without it crushing him...
                              I disagree. When you are crushing at AAA, then you should get a chance at the show, especially when you are that young. They need to figure out in the next 2-3 weeks whether they think he will be a candidate for the playoff roster as that may effect who they target at the trade deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                                I observed the similar when I commented that he looked like the Jay Cutler of baseball.

Tucker had a better game at the plate Tuesday night, but it was frustrating to see what he did with the base running. I expect that some veterans and coaches will motivate and encourage more hustle. Maybe it will happen. Several interviewers have made comments that this is his personality/character.

If Fisher get his batting back together, look out. He is all hustle and plays the outfield better. Especially Houston's left field.
                                Please do not stop with the humor...I love your post!!...hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X