Recommendations for ATX area taxidermists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for ATX area taxidermists

I am considering having a shoulder mount done of a nilgai that I killed on a public hunt this spring. Looking for recommendations for taxidermists around Austin. Any help is much appreciated!
    Attached Files

Chance love or Dan Langford both are top notch.

Comment

I use Tyler at Animal Art. Excellent work, reasonable prices. He will be getting all my animals from my S. Africa trip to mount as soon as they get here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up James Yarborough at "YARDBIRDS TAXIDERMY" in Cedar Park... He does high end work.. You wont be disappointed.. He is on the WWW and FB.

Comment

Chance Love

Comment

Chance Love

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              Concur. Both stay busy, but have always delivered top quality work on target, on time, and on budget.

Congratulations on your Nilgai. Can you provide more information on your hunt?

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Chance Love all day long

Comment

Hunt info

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                  Concur. Both stay busy, but have always delivered top quality work on target, on time, and on budget.

Congratulations on your Nilgai. Can you provide more information on your hunt?

Regards,

Dave
                  It was the second weekend of the Laguna Atascosa "emergency" hunt in April. My summary from after the hunt: It was tough, I saw a fraction of the nilgai I saw a few years ago on my bow hunt. I put in probably 20 miles between my bike and boots on Saturday. I watched another hunter miss a running bull three times and tracked the bull with my binos as he went into an island of brush about 1/2 mile away. I decided to go after him and found a small mound to get a better vantage point. As I was looking I turned around and saw another bull running across a field about 200 yards away. My 7 mm mag stopped him in his tracks. It was about 4:45 when I shot him, after getting him back to the nearest road I called the volunteers working the hunt and they were nice enough to pick me up around 9:00 pm. I would have been out there all night otherwise. I hunted some on Sunday but was pretty beat.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                    I am considering having a shoulder mount done of a nilgai that I killed on a public hunt this spring. Looking for recommendations for taxidermists around Austin. Any help is much appreciated!
                    Wildlife Design out of Kyle has done all of my work. I live in Cedar Park and make that drive just to let them do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Make the drive down to Ingram and take it to Woodbury.. You wont regret it

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                        I use Tyler at Animal Art. Excellent work, reasonable prices. He will be getting all my animals from my S. Africa trip to mount as soon as they get here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                        Tyler does great work, has a blackbuck and aoudad of mine right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                          I’ve used both and was very happy with the results.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! It looks like Chance Love closed his taxidermy shop and is in real estate now. Can anyone confirm he's still in business? I can't find any information on Dan Langford online, does anyone have a website or contact information for him? Leaning toward going to Tyler at Animal Art but wanted to look into Chance and Dan more since they're so highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                              Thanks for the recommendations! It looks like Chance Love closed his taxidermy shop and is in real estate now. Can anyone confirm he's still in business? I can't find any information on Dan Langford online, does anyone have a website or contact information for him? Leaning toward going to Tyler at Animal Art but wanted to look into Chance and Dan more since they're so highly recommended.
                              Sorry it's lansford dang auto correct on my phone got me.

Dan Lansford professional taxidermy. He's off 1431 in cedar park.

He's mounted 5 bucks for me and a couple fish and have been extremely happy every time. Has done several for my dad and friends and all turned out great.
                              I didn't know Chance wasn't doing taxidermy work anymore.
                              Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 06-24-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X