Electrician help on my camper??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrician help on my camper??

All my "gfci" plugs quit. Ive changed out the gfci and it has power. The one i changed out also had power. The problem is its not sending it out downstream. none of the marked "gfci" plugs have power but all the other 110V plugs do.

I put one of those circuit testers and it says my hot and ground are reversed.. how can that happen when they worked before i lost power on them..

(lost power when i was using my power drill. Never tripped the gfci but none of those plugs worked, so i changed it out)

Maybe you revered the polarity on the gfi when you changed it out

Comment

ive double checked it and its installed correctly. that was my first thought so i pulled it apart again to make sure.

Comment

If you plug something in the gfi does it work

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
          If you plug something in the gfi does it work

Yes it works. And both ends have power.

Comment

Take a meter from hot to ground and nuet to ground, some things will still operate on reverse polarity.

Comment

It might have been hooked up reversed the first time.

Comment

If it was reversed from the start why do the plugs not work now but did in the past ?

Comment

were the plugs wired up on the line side or load side of the gfci before? If they were wired up line side it would still work even if gfci was tripped.

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
                    were the plugs wired up on the line side or load side of the gfci before? If they were wired up line side it would still work even if gfci was tripped.

That I do not know. I put it in like I pulled it. Line went in line and load went in the load.

I guess I could take them off and test to see what wire is hot

Comment

Yeti

(Gonna see if I can get some search hits haha )

Comment

Ok the gfci has 118v on both receptacle.

All off the others have 10.8 when I do N to hot. When I do ground to hot it’s 120v.

Comment

Working...
                        X