No announcement yet.

Millmans new ranch (long term project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Ron!!!! Don't keep these fine folks in suspense!

Comment

I'm thinking Millman don't want TBH to know what he has going on

Comment

Hearsay exotic division?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hmmm, wonder-n whats up Ron's sleeve.

Comment

in for updates great thread

Comment

LOL!!! Got to love this place.....

Well gentlemen, sorry for the suspense. The interest in where we are and were over the past couple years at the ranch has been awesome.

As for the "huge update",. After 4 1/2 years of 14+ hour drives every other weekend (and sometimes more), I felt I needed to look at the hours behind the wheel. As we get older we tend to look at those things a lot more I guess. I also thought hard about the quality of life I had under my circumstances and started to look at what I could do to make things better. Not to mention thinking back over the roller coaster ride of emotional hardships we endured over the 5 hunting seasons at the Harahey.

We learned at lot. We watched a deer herd really take off when we spent more money than we care to talk about (nor will we) adding food sources and trying to grow age structures. Then we watched how Mother Nature can bring you to your knees reminding us we are never in control. We spent endless hours around the fire discussing what would be and then what could have been.

After all of the great times and with a heavy heart I have ended this chapter. I have made one of the hardest decisions of my life because as of 12/28/17 the Harahey is no longer mine. This Saturday we will spend our last night on the ranch eating the last steak (we swear was the best we've ever had) and drinking a very special bottle of whiskey compliments of Breese (sorry for the premature bottle opening, I know it was for the day we broke 160)!

Maybe even BIGGER news (good or questionable), I am one foot in the door of becoming a part time Okie. I pray God doesn't frown on me too much for crossing the border north....He knows I am Texan thru and thru. He has blessed me in so many ways and I know He will be with me in this new venture too, even in Oklahoma. The "new ranch" is in the southwest corner of Latimer county Oklahoma. From Darton's thread and a lot of homework I am hopeful the deer hunting will be a step up. I hope to close by the middle of January, then planning out up food plots shortly after. I am excited about the possibilities that we never had in the rocks of Sonora and a less than 3-hour drive will be the icing on the cake.

Thanks to all that came out and shared the ranch and those who fallowed along with us on this thread. Most of all to Bob for his optimism, enthusiasm, help and who knows how many hours of listening to me trying to figure it out! It was an AWESOME ride!

Sorry for the long good bye......

Comment

Thanks for the update, and good luck moving forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Well, sometimes things change. I pray it's for the better for ya.

You plan-n on buying in OK, or leasing?

Comment

Prayers Up & Good Luck!!

Comment

millman I can be honest and say until last night I had never seen this thread. I can also say I read every thread/page. I was in awe on the deer you were growing etc.

I see where you put your heart and soul into that place. It is apparent in the way you did everything from cabin, feeders etc.The most joy I got from your threads was when you allowed first time hunters harvest their first animals.

Heartbreaking to watch you have to walk away from it both in labor and financially. I wish you the very best in your next endeavor. Some of us might take a lesson in "never quit mentality". Peace sir

Comment

Millman, will you be making a thread about your new place when you settle in on the deal?
                          I thoroughly enjoyed following your journey. I wish you all the best on your new venture.

Comment

Well I have mixed feelings because I know how much work you guys put into that place. The cabin which is awesome and the cleaning rack and cooler; just wow.

I wish you all the best in your new venture and hope that you take us along with you as you did here and as Darton has done in the past.

But you just have to post pictures of the house and stuff that you never did!

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                              millman I can be honest and say until last night I had never seen this thread. I can also say I read every thread/page. I was in awe on the deer you were growing etc.

I see where you put your heart and soul into that place. It is apparent in the way you did everything from cabin, feeders etc.The most joy I got from your threads was when you allowed first time hunters harvest their first animals.

Heartbreaking to watch you have to walk away from it both in labor and financially. I wish you the very best in your next endeavor. Some of us might take a lesson in "never quit mentality". Peace sir
                              Thanks for the kind words!

As heartbreaking as it is, the move will be awesome in just about every way imaginable! Quantity of deer may be the only thing I can find that we will be loosing out on. Seeing as I never killed a deer in 5 seasons on the Harahey that may end up not being to big a deal either.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Well, sometimes things change. I pray it's for the better for ya.

You plan-n on buying in OK, or leasing?
                                Buying. It is a beautiful place and once I have the key to the gate we will start a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X