Duck Hunt South Texas 11/14/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Hunt South Texas 11/14/19

Went for a walk in hunt with my APH yesterday. Got a mixed bag limit. It wasn't easy calling because of the variety of ducks flying, anyone have suggestions how to call scaup? Sometimes they liked malard calls but other times they'd just buzz by.

Attached Files

Left you a comment on your video, that big one is a gadwall drake!! Good video, I didn’t even know there was walk in spots down here. Wish I knew where some were so I can shoot more ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice limit. Great duck hunting weather!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        Left you a comment on your video, that big one is a gadwall drake!! Good video, I didn’t even know there was walk in spots down here. Wish I knew where some were so I can shoot more ducks.

DUDE THANKS! I've been scouring trying to figure what that duck was and now that you mention, perfect match. Yeah he was a fatty for sure. If you dig through your APH booklet you'll see places for duck.

Comment

We would always just mouth whistle for about 3-5 seconds at bluebills and ringnecks that would buzz us without warning. They are very curious birds and not very bright to begin with and alot of times they would swing back around to see what the whistling was about.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
            Nice limit. Great duck hunting weather!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! I love that kind of weather, for the most part most others stay home

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
              DUDE THANKS! I've been scouring trying to figure what that duck was and now that you mention, perfect match. Yeah he was a fatty for sure. If you dig through your APH booklet you'll see places for duck.

For the calling divers I’ve heard and watched videos that you just have to “brrtttt” into your mallard calls and it’ll work. I’ve done that on readheads and it’s worked flawlessly. YouTube search calling divers with mallard calls and you’ll turn up some videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                For the calling divers I’ve heard and watched videos that you just have to “brrtttt” into your mallard calls and it’ll work. I’ve done that on readheads and it’s worked flawlessly. YouTube search calling divers with mallard calls and you’ll turn up some videos.

Thanks, I'll check them out

Comment

yes...the "brrtttt" works. Give it a shot! Nice bag there!

Comment

Originally posted by tadmaryperry View Post
                    yes...the "brrtttt" works. Give it a shot! Nice bag there!
                    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X