No announcement yet.

Surf forecast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think the ship cannel from the north jetty there right off the ferry would be good enough? Or probably need to find a little bit more protected water?
    Will whiting bite on finger mullet? I know hardheads will. Wondering if it would be worth it to grab some dead finger mullet to bring in shark bait first.
    Last edited by Hooverfb; 06-30-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Get some fish bites and a double drop leader and you'll catch all the whiting you want. What beach ya headed to? I've been down on pins most of the week and it was pretty rough yesterday but we managed to catch a bunch of fish still.

Comment

Heading to crystal beach on bolivar. I've seen those fishbite baits, wasnt sure theyre worth he money or if I'm just feeding the crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          Heading to crystal beach on bolivar. I've seen those fishbite baits, wasnt sure theyre worth he money or if I'm just feeding the crabs.

Just got back from there yesterday. Surf was rough but caught enough trout for a fish fry at rollover pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey that's encouraging. Excited to get out there tomorrow.

Comment

Well picked up jackfish and stingray as backup baits. Didnt catch anything on hardheads, and just had hardheads picking apart the jackfish. Guy that cane with me hasn't caught a fish since he was a boy so was fun putting him on at least the hardheads and his kids getting to see hom catch fish. beach was packed and didn't see anyone catching anything besides hardheads so not upset. Was a fun day out.

Comment

This weekend should be better as far as water quality goes.

Comment

went to san louie pass friday, ladyfish and hard heads all day long. a couple croaker's turned up but not a single take home fish from 4am-830pm

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    This weekend should be better as far as water quality goes.

Should be flat too. Hope the forecast hold cause I'll be there if so.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                      Should be flat too. Hope the forecast hold cause I'll be there if so.

I'll get some shrimp for you so you can catch something. Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I'll get some shrimp for you so you can catch something. Hahahahaha

Funny guy.

Comment

Pretty rough near Surfside this morning. Managed 2 keepers. This RV blew up very close to where I was fishing. I don't think anyone was in it. People are crazy down here
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                            Pretty rough near Surfside this morning. Managed 2 keepers. This RV blew up very close to where I was fishing. I don't think anyone was in it. People are crazy down here

Wow! We are heading down to west end Galveston end of the week and staying for a week. Hopefully the surf is decent, doesn't matter cause we built a surf cannon to launch the baits

Comment

Holy cow! Just what I need, RVs blowing up while my kids playing on the beach. That's crazy. We'll see if I wind up at the beach this weekend. Just bought an H3 so I can have 4wd and room for the family on the beach /camping/muddy roads around my hunting plot, so trying to conserve gas cash while I pay it off, and need to run up to hilltop this weekend for their meeting. Might be too much driving for me, but will probably be looking to see who caught enpugh fish to make me jealous of not going haha. Might do some freshwater fishing at one of the lakes while I'm up there.

Comment

Working...
                              X