*!#^$%%^@ rock truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*!#^$%%^@ rock truck!

I was 2 exits away from getting off of 75 yesterday when a rock hauler hit a bump and crap went everywhere. I got 2 dings in my windshield. A chunk of rock about the size of a bowling ball took out a Prius right in the grill. They wound up into the inside retaining wall. Another 30 seconds and I would have been off the highway.

Sucks to suck

Comment

It could be worse

Couple of months ago, a full gravel truck hit a bump and veered into me ( lucky to walk away)

His wheel lugs “ Ben hurred “ us and also rocks took out the windshield. He never even stopped
      Attached Files
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-13-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        Couple of months ago, a full gravel truck hit a bump and veered into me ( lucky to walk away)
        Is that a black panther in the photo?

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
          Is that a black panther in the photo?
          Close, just a black Lab

Comment

that is terrible!! Should have been in the woods instead....lol

Comment

Did you follow him? It's his fault isn't it for not securing his load?

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                Did you follow him? It's his fault isn't it for not securing his load?
                Not what the sticker on the back of the truck says!

Got to love the "not responsible" sticker

Comment

Just got this treatment this morning. Slinging mud and rocks everywhere. I called him in but who knows... it was enough mud and rocks to basically close a lane of traffic.

Comment

That sucks! They have their little , " Not Responsible " sign on their trucks that they think makes them not responsible HA!

Comment

Rock haulers are the worst IMO, as I grew up in rock quarry country. I know there are exceptions but typically they have the crappiest truck and trailer and don't give a sh*t about others on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

The law says if it hits the road then your car he’s not responsible. If it comes directly off his bed onto your car he IS responsible. The sign is to discourage folks from taking action.

Been there, done that.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I was about the type the same thing - I've always wondered how they get away with that. If stuff flies off any other type of truck and causes damage they are dang sure responsible. So do you really have no recourse if gravel comes of one of these trucks and hits your car? Because of that sign?

Comment

From what i read online. They are responsible if the rock or debris falls off there truck and hits you directly. If the rock hits the road first or they run over a rock causing it to fly up, they are not responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              The law says if it hits the road then your car he’s not responsible. If it comes directly off his bed onto your car he IS responsible. The sign is to discourage folks from taking action.

Been there, done that.
                              Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                              From what i read online. They are responsible if the rock or debris falls off there truck and hits you directly. If the rock hits the road first or they run over a rock causing it to fly up, they are not responsible.
                              So if I am hauling lumber in my truck, as long as it hits the ground before flying into the car behind me's windshield, I am good?

Do you have the second you quoted from? I would like to read it, because that seems ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X