Hiring for a women’s job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiring for a women’s job?

So it’s getting about time our son is getting old enough to where my soon to be wife wants to start working.
    We live in the Houston area and she is looking for employment. We have a 8 year old and a 1 year old so schedule would have to be somewhat flexible.
    Her experience is in retail and she owned a tanning business for 2 years. I believe her best fit would be sales she is highly driven and extremely intelligent.
    I know it is hard for women to get a job without a degree or prior experience but if anybody had any openings please let me know so I can inform her.
    Thank you so much TBH help a man out so I can go to having two incomes! Haha

Try LinkedIn.com & upload her resume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in for commentary...sorry I’m no help

Comment

The woman without a degree comment has me confused

Comment

When my son first started school, my wife hired on as a lunch lady at the school. Basically same hours as my son and off during the summer too.

Don't do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I’d say you’re an idiot, firstly the title of your thread and then to think just because she’s a woman with no degree it’s going to be harder for her more so than a man. Nice mentality. I hope you’ll never be in a position to have women working for you, I’m assuming they would never have the chance to be more than a secretary..:

Comment

maybe she could be a lunch lady or nurse or a teacher?

That's about all women can do.

I had to check the date of the thread to make sure this wasn't 1972.

Comment

No help here. I'm in for an entertaining thread. I just wanna see how many people get butt hurt on here. Starting with JES.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                  No help here. I'm in for an entertaining thread. I just wanna see how many people get butt hurt on here. Starting with JES.
                  HAHA my thoughts as well.

OP, tons of stuff out there. Start with LinkedIn. Why doesn't she start another tanning business? Hell CBD shops are the new rage, might as well get in on that game too.

Comment

No help here OP. But from a couple posts on here already I had to check and make sure I was not on CNN chat room!!!

For goodness sake, must be exhausting to stay offended 24/7!

Comment

Who is going to be watching the one year old?
                      Have you priced daycare?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                        The woman without a degree comment has me confused

She doesn’t have a wiener and she didn’t go to college. Hope that clears it up.[emoji849]. Man, you’re getting old.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OP, your post will offend some people but I think your heart was probably in the right place. You just worded it like ****. And regardless of what people will say, what you typed has some truth to it. A man without a degree can and will do some jobs that a woman may not be willing or able to do. That alone opens up more opportunity for a male. However, I have or have had women in my office working as Assistant Project Managers, Project Managers, Estimators, Logistics Mgr, HR Director, AP/AR Director etc. that are females without degrees. A couple started out as receptionist but soon proved their value in other areas. Don’t count out a hardworking woman with determination.

Send me her resume. Maybe something will come up. curt@joslinconstruction.com

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          When my son first started school, my wife hired on as a lunch lady at the school. Basically same hours as my son and off during the summer too.

Don't do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          For the record, my wife did this so we would not have to pay afternoon daycare.

Comment

If you’re offended by this, you’re trying too hard to be offended.

Comment

Wow, was not expecting people to get so offended. I didn’t mean it in that way. I just meant she can’t just start working in the oil field like I did making $25.00 a hour with no experience 7 years ago like I did. People need to lighten up I’m just trying to figure her out a job. Most 27 year old women I know that are making decent money have a degree of some sort. I’ve been a member on here for a very long time and I’ve nearly stopped posting on here for this exact reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X