HF farm animals, cheesey Africa hunts and Nick Nolte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HF farm animals, cheesey Africa hunts and Nick Nolte

You may not like Steve after listening to pod #1. I do not think he is keen on HF, some Africa hunts etc. Glad I listened to it. Did'nt really change my mind on anything.

From the Super 8 motel in Ketchikan, Alaska, Steven Rinella talks with guests Joe Rogan, Bryan Callen, Dan Doty, and Janis Putelis about the charms of hard hunts, "Pamela Anderson" deer, Bergmann’s Rule (why mammals get really big up North), wolves and wolf management, and public perceptions of American bear hunts and African safaris. On this episode... -Podcasting -Hard Hunts -"Pamela Anderson" deer -Bergmann's Rule -Wolves and wolf management -Nick Nolte -Perceptions on American bear hunts and African safaris RELATED LINKS/NOTES MeatEater.VHX.tv to download episodes of MeatEater SOG Knives VIDEO: Bryan Callen Can't Take the Cold on MeatEater Joe Rogan Joe Rogan Experience Podcast www.joerogan.net Bryan Callen Fighter and the Kid podcast www.bryancallen.com

I think the world has gotten spoiled with wanting everything right now and not putting in the effort to do it the right way.
    I mean we've ruined deer hunting just like we've ruined big boobs, It used to be holy cow that guy is really lucky look what he got ! now it's, look at that A-hole he just wrote a check to get those LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
      I think the world has gotten spoiled with wanting everything right now and not putting in the effort to do it the right way.
      I mean we've ruined deer hunting just like we've ruined big boobs, It used to be holy cow that guy is really lucky look what he got ! now it's, look at that A-hole he just wrote a check to get those LOL!
      People usually say that last line out of jealousy. Hunting is whatever you want it be and folks hunt how they please. Too many judge. That's a bigger problem than any breeding or high fence operation will ever be. One team. Act like it. Don't knock each down being elitist.

Comment

I like Rinella and he is entitled to his opinion but his idea of what hunting is to him and my idea of what hunting is to me differ greatly! That doesn't make his right and mine wrong or mine right and his wrong. Where the disconnect is his opinion alienates a ton of hunters and causes divisions within the hunting community. Where as mine supports all legal forms of hunting. We as hunters have enough problems fighting the people that are against all forms of hunting and having to fight amongst ourselves does nothing but show divisions within us and opens areas for the anti's to jump in. If you think for a minute that when you take a stance another form of hunting doesn't hurt your style of hunting you are wrong, when you start regulating out one form yours will be coming in the future. Think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          People usually say that last line out of jealousy. Hunting is whatever you want it be and folks hunt how they please. Too many judge. That's a bigger problem than any breeding or high fence operation will ever be. One team. Act like it. Don't knock each down being elitist.
          That always seems to come up

Instead of jealousy maybe its just a purest point of view of what it once was and not something as stupid as jealousy.
          Seems a lot of folks complain about all kids getting trophies in sports leagues but then buy good trophy animals.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              That always seems to come up

Instead of jealousy maybe its just a purest point of view of what it once was and not something as stupid as jealousy.
              Seems a lot of folks complain about all kids getting trophies in sports leagues but then buy good trophy animals.
              Not everyone likes the same thing or has the same point of view. I don't care to pay for a big whitetail in a high fence. I want a big free range one then maybe. But that doesn't mean I look down on someone that does. You talk down about folks using feeders and other things. Seen you do it. And yes I do believe 99% of folks, if given a lot of money, would change their outlook.

Comment

Whatever happened to the days when you HAD to hunt/fish if you wanted to eat?
                How about place a garden if you wanted vegetables?

I wonder if we went back to that if the word with be a better place?
                I doubt it. It's hard to hunt and have a garden in the 40th floor of some high rise luxury condo overlooking central Park.

Comment

Not everyone likes the same thing or has the same point of view. I don't care to pay for a big whitetail in a high fence. I want a big free range one then maybe. But that doesn't mean I look down on someone that does. You talk down about folks using feeders and other things. Seen you do it. And yes I do believe 99% of folks, if given a lot of money, would change their outlook.
                  Ive never talked down about anyone using a feeder. I used feeders myself until 8 years ago. Dont make crap up.
                  I dont even argure the HF thing anymore because dont care. What i always enjoy is when someone brings up the (your jealousy you cant afford to hunt a HF) argument.....its pure stupidity as an argument.

Some folk simply enjoy the real challenge of free range animals

Comment

I don't think one opinion vs the other is all that bad. It is when both sides boast about their way of hunting with their chest puffed out and nose in the air that gets most folks' panties in a wad.
                    I have killed big deer in and out of high fence, and i will continue to do it that way regardless of what some "purist" tv and radio personality deems fit or proper.

Comment

Ive never talked down about anyone using a feeder. I used feeders myself until 8 years ago. Dont make crap up.
                      I dont even argure the HF thing anymore because dont care. What i always enjoy is when someone brings up the (your jealousy you cant afford to hunt a HF) argument.....its pure stupidity as an argument.

Some folk simply enjoy the real challenge of free range animals
                      I've seen you say it. I don't make it up. See? You're still thinking it's a stupid argument and missing the point. Hard headed. Have a nice day sir.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                        If you think for a minute that when you take a stance another form of hunting doesn't hurt your style of hunting you are wrong, when you start regulating out one form yours will be coming in the future. Think about that.
                        We regulate the sale, transportation, and farming of cows, sheep, pigs, etc in order to ensure animals are free of disease, treated humanely, etc...why wouldn't we do it to deer that are on a farm?

I've never heard him say he wants to regulate out HF hunting, only that it needs to be better managed. This point was agreed to by a land manager from Texas in one of his podcasts. It was also agreed to by a CWD scientist on a different episode.

Comment

I've seen you say it. I don't make it up. See? You're still thinking it's a stupid argument and missing the point. Hard headed. Have a nice day sir.
                          Say What?

Look at my 20k post and show me where i criticized hunting over a feeder

Comment

Say What?
                            Negative comments about feeders and folks "hunting" over them.

Comment

Negative comments about feeders and folks "hunting" over them.
                              negative
                              And you could never find an example of it

Comment

Working...
                              X