X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tundra

2000 tundra running rough service engine light on anyone have any info
    on what to check

Run it down to oriellys or an auto parts tore ans have themrun the codes for the service engine lights.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
      Run it down to oriellys or an auto parts tore ans have themrun the codes for the service engine lights.
      This is where I would start

Comment

ok thanks code p0301 cylinder 1 misfire

Comment

Try new sparkplugs first. If that doesnt work swap the coil pack on #1 to another cylinder.and see if the misfire follows it.

Comment

Had a similar misfire code on a corolla after 125K miles and it was one of the ignition coil packs.

Comment

thanks for the info I feel better about it now

Comment

Hope it’s easier than my 17’ RAV4. Been chasing cylinder 1&4 misfires. It loses power on acceleration and nearly caused two crashes. Once it completely turned off while driving and wouldn’t start back up. Toyota can’t duplicate so they can’t fix. They swapped cylinder stuff around but still doing it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Try new sparkplugs first. If that doesnt work swap the coil pack on #1 to another cylinder.and see if the misfire follows it.
                  remember you have to completely disconnect and reconnect the coil pack and wire harnesses to test this way. just clarifying in case the wires are long enough that someone might try to simply change which cylinder the coil pack was on! that would make the problem even worse!

if the codes changes to the other cylinder, this is a pretty easy and inexpensive fix. good luck and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    remember you have to completely disconnect and reconnect the coil pack and wire harnesses to test this way. just clarifying in case the wires are long enough that someone might try to simply change which cylinder the coil pack was on! that would make the problem even worse!

if the codes changes to the other cylinder, this is a pretty easy and inexpensive fix. good luck and report back.
                    Slipped my mind earlier.but you can do this test with an inductive timing light too. Test for spark on #1, if no spark swap coil pac to another cylinder. If no spark there you have a bad coil pack.

Comment

Working...
                    X