Three under shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three under shooting

Well, I decided to leave one of the most basic things I ever learned as a kid. Today I gave three under a try. Wow, groups have improved greatly. And I have dropped a lot of the string slap (still not gonna shoot without my arm guard). I had already settled on the fact that this longbow and I were never gonna get along.

Keep after it and do what works for you. I shoot split finger. I learned that way and never have liked three under when I tried it. I know lots of people who do shoot 3-under and shoot well that way.

Bisch

Comment

RDD, how long did you have to stick with the change to get your good results?

Comment

Lol, first 6 arrows were tighter than my normal groups. Hardest part now is remembering to do it.

Comment

I learned split finger, tried 3 under a couple of times. About 3 months ago I gave 3 under another try, this time an honest try. Needless to say I am now shooting 3 under and with a tab. Might shots are pretty much where I want them. I know there will be some improvement in a couple of weeks after the Rod Jenkins clinic

Glenn

Comment

That was quick! I would have expected weeks, but groups tell the tale.

Comment

Got my son to try it and he loves it too.

Comment

I love it, too.

Comment

Yep. I've tried split but just can't do it. I have also tried a tab with my 3 under style, lucky I still have a nose! I'll stick with 3 under and a glove!

Comment

I've never tried a tab before.

Comment

Three under for me...... I shoot using a gap method

Comment

three under is the only way to go!!! There is a lot of good info in the trad. page on 3 under and gap shooting worth a look.

Comment

Do whatever works for you! I know good shooters who shoot both ways!

Comment

Originally posted by G Posik View Post
                            I learned split finger, tried 3 under a couple of times. About 3 months ago I gave 3 under another try, this time an honest try. Needless to say I am now shooting 3 under and with a tab. Might shots are pretty much where I want them. I know there will be some improvement in a couple of weeks after the Rod Jenkins clinic

Glenn
                            You wouldn't believe me when I told you. Your going to like it, I garauntee.

Comment

Originally posted by G Posik View Post

Glenn
                              You know what, Glenn? I've had to just throw my hands in the air with all of the options. I've tried it all, but am reluctant to settle on a particular discipline until after the clinic.

I'm shooting 3 under, and like it. But I do want to give split finger a fair trial, because it will be an easier transition to Olympic style.

Comment

Working...
                              X