No announcement yet.

Three under shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned to shoot split fingered and did very well. After watching masters of the bare bow I decided to play around with my anchor and moved to three under. I honestly can't tell a huge difference in my shooting either way lol. I do like having the shaft closer to my plane of vision. For those longer shots I use a gap method.

Comment

Still playing with both split finger feels better but better group with 3 under

Comment

Split for me, I just never liked 3 under....

Comment

I have shot both ways and I prefer three under. Much more accurate for me and it will get the arrow up under my eye a Little better.
          If your slapping your arm, you might want to raise your brace height a bit.

Comment

Bob once I gave it an honest try and a little getting use to the tab(I tried a bunch of tabs with lots of mods along the way) I have become super comfortable with the three under and a tab.

Lynda I started with glove and split finger. Tried glove and 3 under did not like at all. Tab split was alright, once I got use to tab and 3 under I am set. I can not wait till the clinic. I know I have more wrong than right with my form and Rob will most likely shake his head and say there is no hope for you. I have my anchor figured out and have been shooting pretty consistent for the last couple of months. I have been working with my FMJ's and woodies.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364914787444.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24186863this. Is shooting one FMJ then a woodie chasing. Range 20 yards.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364914849070.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	24186864this is 8 shots 25 yards with my new favorite bow. It my Sarrels Wildcat (65#@28- drawing 29-1/4 with my Rick Barbee string ).

I just hope Rod can help me.

Glenn

Comment

It took me a lot of years to finally convince myself to shoot 3 under long enough to say I really gave it an honest effort.

I had tried it many times in the past, and I hated it, so always after just a few loosed arrows I would go back to split finger.

About three or four years ago I decided I was going to give it a try again, but this time I put a time frame on it. I told myself come HellOrHighWater I was going to shoot only 3 under for two weeks, and that's what I did.

The funny thing is - I was hooked on the 3 under only after about 3 days, and that two weeks has now turned into several years.

I can't say the switch made me more accurate over all, but I can say without a doubt, that it is much more conducive to the hunting distances I normally shoot, and also to the average 3D competition distances, because I am a split vision shooter (GapStinctive I like to call it), and it took my point on from around 70 yards down to 30, and with a little more fine tuning on down to 25.

I doubt seriously I'll ever be switching back to split finger.

Rick

Comment

I started bowfishing using split finger a long time ago....... Since I started hunting with traditional I have shot three under..... Now i bowfish and hunt using three under

Comment

I measured my BH at 6 1/5 to the belly. After reading the stickies about three under, I may have to much weight on my ring finger. Gonna play with this this afternoon if its not raining.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                    Split for me, I just never liked 3 under....
                    Me too. It just doesn't feel right.

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
                      I measured my BH at 6 1/5 to the belly. After reading the stickies about three under, I may have to much weight on my ring finger. Gonna play with this this afternoon if its not raining.
                      Somebody elaborate on "too much weight of the ring finger." I am noticing a very large callus forming on the bottom of my ring finger and thought it was a good sign of a deep hook. If it is a sign of something negative, do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Centex View Post
                        Somebody elaborate on "too much weight of the ring finger." I am noticing a very large callus forming on the bottom of my ring finger and thought it was a good sign of a deep hook. If it is a sign of something negative, do tell.
                        It means that you are pulling with the little finger too far back. Doing this puts the string too far back out of alignment. It then has to snap back into alignment at the release. If you do this then you will almost certainly have to use two nock points on the string or the nock will want to slide down the string on release. You should have the most pressure on the top finger, second most on the middle and least on the bottom finger.

Here is a picture Steve Slevin took while I was shooting at Bob's place one day. It shows the fingers on the string and you can see that the string is not very much out of alignment.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Draco

Comment

Great helpful pic Draco !

Comment

The day I switched to 3 under, my shooting improved drastically. I picked up a Rod Jenkins tab a month ago and I'm shooting better than ever.

These two old girls would tend to agree with me!

Comment

Good shooting Chew, congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X