Beginners Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginners Recurve

It's been a long journey as I've had to use a crossbow the last 2 years due to injuries but I'm OK now... I'm back at the "Vertical Bow" but Traditional.

It all came to a head as I was helping my Mom (All my family is north of the Mason Dixon line but I call myself a Texan after retiring from the Army) move into an apartment last year after my Dad passed away 5 years ago ... She just couldn't handle the house by herself and my brother that lives with her wasn't much help ...

I was clearing some Items and came across my Dad's recurve ... Tears flowed as it was in an unusable condition ... But I did manage to salvage all his gloves,tabs and arm guards.

I'm looking for a used Beginners Recurve ... See my post in the classifieds.

It won't take long. God bless.

Comment

Do you still have it? Why is it "unusable"? Major limb twist, severe cracks, limb broken, split, or delaminated? Lots of things can be fixed... perhaps we could help you get your Dads bow back into shooting condition. I've sent a PM.

Comment

You can get a brand new Samick Sage takedown recurve for under $150. It is a great starter bow with not a lot of investment in case you decide trad is not for you. You can also start with light poundage limbs and work on proper form.

PS - Listen to Matt! He is a craftsman at restoring old bows!

Bisch

Comment

Glad that you are back, and into trad. I saw my first Sage this week and was amazed at the product for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            You can get a brand new Samick Sage takedown recurve for under $150. It is a great starter bow with not a lot of investment in case you decide trad is not for you. You can also start with light poundage limbs and work on proper form.

PS - Listen to Matt! He is a craftsman at restoring old bows!

Bisch
            x2

Comment

The bear grizzly is a good bow

Comment

Working...
              X