The big stank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big stank

So I have never shot a pig, but the last weekend of deer season, my cousin, uncle and I went out to the lease to get the job done. We never saw a deer, and I didn't even see any critters, but my cousin had two boars come to his feeder at 7:15 Sunday morning. He took the biggest one... It took three grown men to lift it into the bed of the truck. We figured somewhere around 300 lbs.

Anyway, as I hadn't shot a pig, and only been around a few when someone else did, I hadn't smelled a bad one yet. I also saw on the green screen that a lot of folk here say you can eat em as long as they pass the stink test.

This one failed. This one failed from about 15 yards away. The smell was awful and made me think the pig's inside and soul died about 2 months before the body did.

So, I guess all that to say I now know what the stink test is.

Here he is.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Edit... Also, you can't see it here, but he was missing a paper plate sized patch of hair near his tail. That a sign of disease?

Comment

To each his own, however, i have heard that sows are better eating than boars.

Comment

If they don’t stink, I will eat them regardless of size. If they do, coyotes have to eat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
          If they don’t stink, I will eat them regardless of size. If they do, coyotes have to eat as well.
          The 'yotes definitely got this one.

Comment

Edit... Also, you can't see it here, but he was missing a paper plate sized patch of hair near his tail. That a sign of disease?[/QUOTE]

You talking about his jewels?

Comment

Gthats just a spot where he has been running a tree or pole. He might have been good eating but I probably would have fed him to the buzzards. Got some great teeth though. Might want to save that jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Edit... Also, you can't see it here, but he was missing a paper plate sized patch of hair near his tail. That a sign of disease?
                You talking about his jewels?[/QUOTE]

Haha...no... this was on his right rear above tail, on his back near the hind end.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Gthats just a spot where he has been running a tree or pole. He might have been good eating but I probably would have fed him to the buzzards. Got some great teeth though. Might want to save that jaw.
                  One side was missing his cutters.

Comment

Nice pig!!

No telling on the spot. May be from him sliding under fence everyday or rubbing....

Comment

Gut shoot em and let em run off... oh wait, that’s a different thread!

Comment

Congrats, nice one

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                          Gut shoot em and let em run off... oh wait, that’s a different thread!
                          I won't be able to find them and give them a proper burial if they are gut shot

Comment

Nice pig. Typically hair missing from the body is from the pig rubbing on something. They’ll rub on anything.

Comment

When I was in high school we could smell our English teacher from down the hall.

Oh maybe this is a different thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X