Waited all year for this.!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
    Talk to him Saturday when he came to check traps. He basically said he will move it Monday if the owner tells him to.

From what he said it makes it sound like the landowner told him to put it there?
    IF not then why ask the LO if it's okay to move it? Something sounds off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
      From what he said it makes it sound like the landowner told him to put it there?
      IF not then why ask the LO if it's okay to move it? Something sounds off.
      I took that as he was only going to move it if the landowner makes him. Not because a hunter asked him to.

Comment

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
        I took that as he was only going to move it if the landowner makes him. Not because a hunter asked him to.
        yep, now that I reread it I see that.

Pretty crappy response to being asked to move it.

Comment

Finish out the year, pack up your equipment and move on. I know it is hard to find a good lease but if the land owner didn't give you a heads up call about this, then what else will he do to interrupt your season in the future?

Comment

This is not the year to manage the herd.

Comment

Trapper new where the hogs would be. I would leave him a note to move them or you will.

Comment

I'd let the landowner know today, you're contacting the GW for hunter harassment - do you have any signed lease agreement?

Comment

I am hoping that the Landowner did not know the trapper set the trap next to my pen. Waiting for him to get back from out of state. Hope I can salvage the rest of the season.

Comment

Talk to him Saturday when he came to check traps. He basically said he will move it Monday if the owner tells him to.

I would not have been happy with that answer!

I am hoping that the Landowner did not know the trapper set the trap next to my pen. Waiting for him to get back from out of state. Hope I can salvage the rest of the season.
                    Hopefully he makes him move it. Good luck.

Comment

How many other hunters are on the lease? Did the trapper put out traps by their setups?

Comment

Over the 20+ years I have been on my lease this has happened 3 or 4 times, by the lease manager. He would ride around the lease and wherever he noticed the most pig activity is where he would set his trap. The added bonus is that he baited with diesel soaked corn so even when he moved the trap the smell would stay.
                        The last time he set it 50 yards from my stand two weeks before season and it actually blocked my view down a right of way. I talked to his son and asked if he could at least move it out of my line of sight. It was moved and it hasn't happened again.

Comment

That is total BS and the responses you have got so far from the land owner and trapper would have me past my boiling point.

Comment

Why not move it for him. Just drag it about 100 yds away from your stand/feeder and out of sight. If he says anything just tell him you paid to hunt this spot and hogs will find the corn just as easily from 100 yds away.

Comment

That is so inconsiderate of both the landowner and the trapper. What's wrong with people?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                                This is not the year to manage the herd.
                                After you see how it plays out the civil route with the LO, I agree with the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X