Who bought a Cybertruck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who bought a Cybertruck?

I love trucks but sold mine due to gas mileage. Saw Texas was #2 out of preorders. Did anyone preorder one?

Rick

In my eyes, the Tesla Cybertruck is just not appealing, aesthetically or functionally. It will be rated as a 3/4 or 1 ton "truck". If I was in the market right now, I'd be looking at Rivian. Having said that, both Ford and GM will have all-electric trucks out within a couple years of the Tesla and Rivian releases.

Comment

Who bought a Cybertruck?

I had high hope for the Tesla since I drive 100 miles every day, but that thing is flat out fugly, which I can’t get past.

I’ll be in the market in a few years so I’ll be paying attention to the GM/Ford options that come out.

Also, this is probably in the wrong forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not happening. I don't know how people can call that thing a truck an keep a straight face.

Comment

I'd rather drive a minivan

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            I had high hope for the Tesla since I drive 100 miles every day, but that thing is flat out fugly, which I can’t get past.

I’ll be in the market in a few years so I’ll be paying attention to the GM/Ford options that come out.

It won't be released like that. The edges are too sharp, if a pedestrian is ever hit, they will be sliced in half. Expect it to be much more rounded off IF it ever hits production. Tesla still hasn't released the Roadster, which was supposed to come out in 2018. I feel bad for those investors, as they had to put up a lot more than $100 to get on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

I drive 100 miles everyday to in a Diesel 1 ton. I can buy ALOT of diesel for the prices of that POS. I just dont see the appeal of one.

If you drive alot and need to save money have 2 vehicles. A truck and a Car or small SUV for gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                I'd rather drive a minivan
                Stay away from the purple acid.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                  I drive 100 miles everyday to in a Diesel 1 ton. I can buy ALOT of diesel for the prices of that POS. I just dont see the appeal of one.

If you drive alot and need to save money have 2 vehicles. A truck and a Car or small SUV for gas mileage.

It takes several years to actually save enough money with a second gas saver to justify it by the time you buy a car, insure it, maintain it, fuel it. I’ve ran the numbers.

I don’t like driving a complete **** box, which is the only way to get one cheap so it doesn’t make sense to me.

Comment

Why the hail would anyone want one is a better question.

Comment

I just bought another Tundra 3 months ago. I would surmise the future is coming and it is coming fast. By the time I am ready to get out of this truck it will be a serious consideration. My brother in law absolutely loves his Tesla Coupe.....and I must admit it is impressive as heck. Once the truck side get the bugs worked out the distance challenge will also be a non issue. 5 -10 years the future will be staring all of us in the face and it will be worth the wait.

Comment

No thanks, I will stick with gas.

Comment

When they break the 500 mile marker on a charge Ill be in. With Supercharger stations going in everywhere it will be the way to go. If I didn't pull I would not have a diesel truck now. The Rivian is advertised as 11k towing and 400 miles on a charge. 0-60 in 3 seconds with 750 horsepower. And look up truck tank turn. I know it takes a football field to turn my F250 around in.

Comment

There goes the Oilfield workers.... They will all be working at GE

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              In my eyes, the Tesla Cybertruck is just not appealing, aesthetically or functionally. It will be rated as a 3/4 or 1 ton "truck". If I was in the market right now, I'd be looking at Rivian. Having said that, both Ford and GM will have all-electric trucks out within a couple years of the Tesla and Rivian releases.

Rivian’s estimated starting price just keeps ticking higher and higher. Their downfall will be trying to emulate petrol vehicles, and a 70k entry level price point.

I doubt they bring their truck to market anywhere near their estimates.

Comment

Working...
                              X