No announcement yet.

I think I just got Scammed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it all worked out. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me know how HH works out...I might get one for my girl if it's a low maintenance pet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Thanks for all the offers guys, that sure goes a long ways to restoring faith in humanity. We went to S&S and she found one that she liked.
        While on the way there the other lady finally returned my call. She has agreed to refund my deposit and has been super apologetic. She has offered to also give my daughter a gift of her starter kit at no cost just as an apology and birthday gift. It makes me feel better to know it was an honest human mistake. If she had been 20 min earlier we would have taken her up on her offer...however we decided since we were already on our way to see the other hedgehogs we'd forgo the offer.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Awesomeness! S&S is a good place. Glad to hear the other lady was willing to try and make amends

Comment

Nice to hear this worked out OK. Cute pic of birthday girl and new little buddy, and Happy Birthday to her.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
            Looks like you're not far from Houston. This is an interesting shop and they should have some available if you need one last minute for the birthday girl. I'd be willing to help cover some of your lost deposit as well.

http://www.mammalpets.com/index.php?...345ts0cfss0s14
            The pink eyed skinny pigs in that link are freaky looking.

Comment

Hedgehogs are great. I had one growing up. She was grumpy when you first woke her up, but it didn’t take long for her to calm down and be really chill. They are nocturnal, so the sleep a lot during the day. If you don’t handle them often they will become pretty grump and defensive. Ours used to cruise around in a hamster ball until she outgrew it. I think they also make them for guinea pigs, so that would be an option too. We fed ours meal worms and home made meatballs with all sorts of vitamins and nutrients mixed in. They are not any harder to care for than any other “rodent” type pet, and in my opinion, much cooler. My mom used to take ours out and let her root around in the flower beds, and everyone that came over thought she was the coolest thing ever. They also make funny little noises sometimes, and it can be really cute. We kept her in a large shallow Rubbermaid container with a custom made house inside. They like to burrow and sleep protected so you have to make sure their bedding is kinda deep. I never remember cleaning the cage to be anything super nasty, and she didn’t smell up the place. Overall, great pet... 10/10, highly recommend. As long as you are committed to interacting with them. Otherwise they are just grumpy, oversized rolley pollies, covered in spikes.

OP... glad you were able to procure your daughter one for her birthday, and also good to hear the original seller wasn’t intentionally ghosting/scamming you.

Comment

^^^sounds like my wife grumpy in the morning but needs attention
                Never thought of these as a pet
                Sounds pretty cool

Comment

Awesome to hear this turned out well in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    http://www.sandsexoticanimals.com/

I have bought animals from this place several times. They are a legit business and usually have hedgehogs
                    Hey that web address is click bait.

Comment

Sure would be a cool pet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad everything worked out!

Comment

I had no idea you could buy such animals! Glad it worked out well!

Comment

Cute lil booger!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                              Hey that web address is click bait.
                              All you saw was s e x and exotic animals and just had to click, didnt you!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                All you saw was s e x and exotic animals and just had to click, didnt you!
                                And you didn't?

Comment

Working...
                                X