Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people actually call them **** rustlers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
    What is the difference between eating a TR and a freshwater catfish? Freshwater catfish get eaten up. People love frying them. I have never eaten a TR, but what is different about them? Serious inquiry
    That would be a question for someone like George

Comment

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
      What is the difference between eating a TR and a freshwater catfish? Freshwater catfish get eaten up. People love frying them. I have never eaten a TR, but what is different about them? Serious inquiry
      My Brother-in-law will eat just about anything. He fried up a batch of hard head fillets once and I tried it. It was very coarse and dry...edible but just barely.

He's a great cook and was in the restaurant business for years but he couldn't fix it where anyone wanted seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        A buddy and I got real drunk as teenagers catching them in the surf. Some guys were giving us a beer for each.

They were headed offshore the next day and using them as ling bait.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have heard they are good ling bait

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
          I have heard they are good ling bait
          Give me a beer a TR and I will catch you much bait

Comment

I have never heard that term and I’ve been on the coast my whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

You’re too young😄. My daddy always called them that and so do I

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Same here

I like Philip's name better

Comment

We have called them Mayhem trout the last 3-4 years, Breezy trout for at least 10 years prior to that ....and then terd rustlers or trashfish before that.......

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    We have called them Mayhem trout the last 3-4 years, Breezy trout for at least 10 years prior to that ....and then terd rustlers or trashfish before that.......

You invite us getting smaller and smaller. [emoji853]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Uhhhhm scratch that first sentence [emoji16][emoji51][emoji41]

Comment

I had some custom fishing shirts made. There is a reason I call myself "Captain Hardhead", if there is one around.... I will catch that bastage. lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          I fished a few times with an old Cajun out of Grand Isle named Captain Zuti. He has guided for decades and hates hardheads to the core of his being. Every time somebody caught one he pulled out a 2 foot piece of pipe and clubbed them with much force and anger. He then called them something vulgar in French before tossing them - he loved killing hardheads
                          I fished with a Cajun guide a long time ago that would break of their fins and stick them in the fishes gut and throw them back. We were using live shrimp, and we caught a few. He made the effort to kill every single one the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                            I fished with a Cajun guide a long time ago that would break of their fins and stick them in the fishes gut and throw them back. We were using live shrimp, and we caught a few. He made the effort to kill every single one the same way.
                            I don’t particularly care for them but I think that’s some bad karma

Comment

Working...
                            X