Pandemic PINS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
    Some great info in here for surf fishing newbies like myself.
    For those that know, myself and 3 buddies are planning a fall trip to PINS this year for 3/4 nights- what is the best time to go b/t Oct-Dec? Fishing for jacks during the fall mullet run looks like a blast.
    Any tips are appreciated!
    Not during Sharkathon weekend, sometime in Oct. Beach can be pretty full of people fishing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
      Some great info in here for surf fishing newbies like myself.
      For those that know, myself and 3 buddies are planning a fall trip to PINS this year for 3/4 nights- what is the best time to go b/t Oct-Dec? Fishing for jacks during the fall mullet run looks like a blast.
      Any tips are appreciated!
      Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
      Not during Sharkathon weekend, sometime in Oct. Beach can be pretty full of people fishing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      Ditto that, Sharkathon is great and you may want to consider fishing it but if you're just wanting to go fish for fun then definitely want to avoid that weekend. Also try to be flexible and look for a decent weather weekend where the wind isn't turning everything to chocolate milk.

Comment

Just arrived in Corpus.

Mixed a drink b4 unpacking.

Long drive, lol.

Now, where do I fish and with what bait?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Ditto that, Sharkathon is great and you may want to consider fishing it but if you're just wanting to go fish for fun then definitely want to avoid that weekend. Also try to be flexible and look for a decent weather weekend where the wind isn't turning everything to chocolate milk.
          We're going down to get away from people and I'd just be in the way of those guys. Looks like Sharkathon is Oct 2-4 with backup wknd Nov 6-8. Prob be in the woods both of those wknds.
          We'll have a 1, maybe 2 wk window and shoot for the best 4 weather days.
          Thanks!

Comment

Great People!

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
            One day, need to gather a group and hit PINS......run and gun the sand with a base camp somewhere to stage. It truly is a jewel for surf fishing. I have plenty of surf rods.

A bunch of us used to frequently gather on PINS.

HELLA GOOD TIMES!

Good Times!

Comment

I had planned to get down there Friday but the bay didn’t look so great when I went over the causeway, I passed so I could get home in time for dinner with my Bride. Ready for some slick surf and fat trout on tops.

Comment

Got it done with reds and one lone trout. Caught the trout on a piece of cut skipjack off a spider weight. Anyone else catch trout off cut bait?

Comment

Closed again. Hopefully opening August 1st so they say...

Comment

Working...
                  X