Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Llano is expected to crest again but higher between 40-41 ft. Buchanan will start opening gates tonight as water comes in from the San Saba and Colorado. The perfect Fubar flooding is going to come together and everything done from Buch and Kingsland is gonna get hit hard. I think the worst is just ahead and with more rain coming it’s not looking good
    Any guess as to when that next crest will hit LBJ? Trying to decide when I should go.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
      Any guess as to when that next crest will hit LBJ? Trying to decide when I should go.

I think it took about 2 hours from crest in llano to crest at kingsland this morning.

I'm guessing that it crests in llano around 7:00 based upon forecast on LCRA site.

But simple is answer get out now, before it escalates quickly, and it gets too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cell service is down from just east of Llano to Granite Shoals.
        One of my friends has a condo in Granite Shoals. He told me this afternoon that the last flood it got to within 3' of going into the condo. I guess he's in for a bad time.

Our entire place is 28 feet above the creek.
        I sure am sorry. I hope you fare well.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
          I’m guessing midnight give or take a couple hours. Buchanan dam operations to try to start after the Llano Crest passes kingsland. Don’t see that happening

Comment

[QUOTE=Grand Passage;13705314]I think it took about 2 hours from crest in llano to crest at kingsland this morning.

I'm guessing that it crests in llano around 7:00 based upon forecast on LCRA site.

But simple is answer get out now, before it escalates quickly, and it gets too late.

I'm not there. Was just thinking about going and getting my boat out from under the boathouse and tying it up where it can just rise with the lake. Too risky to do in the dark (my boathouse had about about 2-3' of water on it) so I'll just take my chances and let it roll!!! Thanks for the info. Good luck to everyone with an interest up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
              Just got word from a neighbor that lake lbj is up between 8-10' in the sunrise beach/granite shoals area. Our boathouse is still there but our boat has been washed away. If anyone sees a 23' mastercraft floating by be sure and grab it for me!

My son just sent me a pic of a boat with a blue tarp on it that washed up next to the Grand Parents of his girlfriend.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1BA5F1EF-4947-4D4F-8CAC-031FEF739B4B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	24556446

Comment

Devastating!
                Prayers up for everyone.

Comment

Im a builder here (Kingsland) and have been getting pictures from clients and its unbelievable. Its not over yet I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                    My son just sent me a pic of a boat with a blue tarp on it that washed up next to the Grand Parents of his girlfriend.
                    [ATTACH]929260[/ATTACH]
                    I thought somebody was looking earlier for a red Mastercraft that busted loose on one of these flood threads.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      I thought somebody was looking earlier for a red Mastercraft that busted loose on one of these flood threads.
                      mattjproc posted that he lost a master craft but did not list a color. The other pics my son sent showed houses across the canal that were almost completely under water along the LBJ. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                        mattjproc posted that he lost a master craft but did not list a color. The other pics my son sent showed houses across the canal that were almost completely under water along the LBJ. Terrible.
                        I saw a blue and white Mastercraft tumbling down the current on a news video this evening. I wondered if it was his.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                          12 hours later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          2169? You know what the crossing just north of I-10 looks like?

Comment

Llano River Flooding

Not sure that I believe it, but this is the latest update...

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              I saw a blue and white Mastercraft tumbling down the current on a news video this evening. I wondered if it was his.
                              Now that I think about it, I wonder just how many boats are out there wondering around on their own???? That stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                                Not sure that I believe it, but this is the latest update...

Man I hope that's accurate

Comment

Working...
                                X