UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwill View Post
    Never seen khabib fight, but I do know it's awfully hard to deal with a striker who can throw punches from crazy angles with pin point accuracy and extreme leverage. Very few guys in fight sports have that gift. Hope the fight lives up to the hype and may the best man win!
    He’s like a bear playing with toys lol but I hope and pray as well that this lives up to the hype. Khabib need to stay focused and keep calm cool and collected and don’t go in all emotional like Jose Aldo did and nuked in 13 seconds because it could happen.

Our boy from Houston Derrick the Black beast Lewis is on the PPV card as well and said the first round will be a barn burner so I’m hoping he lives up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      I read your post above. FALSE. His gas tank is good. He moved up to 170 to fight Diaz, where he was not used to fighting at that weight. He threw more punches in the first two rounds of that fight than all of his other UFC fights combined. His tank is fine. Max Holloway is an active fighter. Conor was nowhere close to gassing in that fight. Khabib is a great wrestler. Conor has great takedown defense. The russian takes too many chances. He cannot do that and expect to stay conscious. However, I believe either can win, but I put stock in skill, so I lean Conor. Precision beats timing and timing beats speed.
      How is that timing and speed going to work out after this layoff?

Not to mention his last shindig wasn't even a fight.

When Mc was worked by Diaz, he folded faster than any fighter I have seen in the last decade. When hungry fighters aren't hungry anymore, nature takes over.

Comment

C.M. in the second!!!

Comment

Lucky charms gonna get taken to the ground hard then totalled by a russian juggernaut and going to get ktfo or tap like a *****.

Then they will hug.

How the **** is CM getting on any mma cards?
          Ufc is a joke now

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            How is that timing and speed going to work out after this layoff?

Not to mention his last shindig wasn't even a fight.

When Mc was worked by Diaz, he folded faster than any fighter I have seen in the last decade. When hungry fighters aren't hungry anymore, nature takes over.
            Lol, Diaz is a tough fighter. Conor was gassed in that fight and was not used to the weight. In their second fight he was good. So I don't see your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              Lol, Diaz is a tough fighter. Conor was gassed in that fight and was not used to the weight. In their second fight he was good. So I don't see your logic.
              I dont believe weight has anything to do with how fast you tap out ...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Lucky charms gonna get taken to the ground hard then totalled by a russian juggernaut and going to get ktfo or tap like a *****.

Then they will hug.

Ufc is a joke now
                I agree - these "superfights" are very WWE. They have their place, but just not what the old UFC was about.

Unfortunately, that makes these fighters the most money.

Comment

McGregor will make short work of this wrestler. Mark it.

Comment

I hope Khabib embarrasses the $h!t talking punk @$$ Connor

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      I have to go with the wrestler, who is also undefeated, and favored. But really just hope it is a good fight.
                      Aldo was undefeated for 10 YEARS before stepping into the ring with McGregor.

Mcgregor is a bit brash for me, but Khabib is a Muslim and his manager has ties to radical muslim terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        THIS.

I dont hold a brown belt, but even I know you dont give up your back. Or else this happens. Conner gave up in that fight. Khabib needs to take him down and grind him into the mat, I think he can do it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Then they will hug.

Ufc is a joke now

Because McGregor sells fights. Lesnar sells fights. Rhonda sold fights. If you sell like they do you can get in the octagon and fight a broomstick as long as people are buying those PPV’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think I can stand to see CM win. His interviews after will just be one big F-bomb after another. That being said, I don't know where to put my money. Its going to be a good fight. Anyone in the Pearland /Alvin area want to get together and watch it, I'm getting a table at Friend Pub in Friendswood that knight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              I don't think I can stand to see CM win. His interviews after will just be one big F-bomb after another. That being said, I don't know where to put my money. Its going to be a good fight. Anyone in the Pearland /Alvin area want to get together and watch it, I'm getting a table at Friend Pub in Friendswood that knight.
                              If I didn’t have plans already I would meet in friendshood 😁 what pub y’all going to?

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                                Because McGregor sells fights. Lesnar sells fights. Rhonda sold fights. If you sell like they do you can get in the octagon and fight a broomstick as long as people are buying those PPV’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Lucky charms has skills, lesnar had skills - there was going to be action, ronda had skills..
                                CM is a mma tomato can with nothing to offer in a mma or actual real fight.. hes the equivalent of putting a manequin in the blue corner and expecting a fight.
                                Its a joke.

Even rogan is fed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X