Atf accepting comments on bumpstock ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atf accepting comments on bumpstock ban

Copy and paste this text and submit to ATF is you oppose gun/gun accessory bans. Link below the text where to comment.

I am opposed to any regulation on bump stocks.

These proposed regulations would declare a “bump stock” to be a machinegun because it allows the gun to fire more than one shot “by a single PULL of the trigger” -- that is, by a single volitional function of the finger.

But federal law, at 26 U.S.C. 5845(b), defines a part as a “machinegun” ONLY if it is designed solely and exclusively to allow the gun to “fire more than one shot ... by a single FUNCTION of the trigger.”

To state the obvious, a finger is not the same thing as a trigger. And, while a bump stock is in operation, the trigger functions separately every time a round is discharged.

So these regulations are proposing a radical change -- as they effectively define a gun as a machinegun even if the trigger resets for every round that is fired, so long as the finger only pulls the trigger once.

While bump stock devices will now be treated as machineguns under these regulations, they also raise serious questions in regard to AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles -- as they are now on the brink of being designated as machineguns by the next anti-gun administration.

In the past, one had to fundamentally change the firing mechanism of a semi-automatic firearm to convert it into a fully automatic firearm.

But now according to these regulations, a bump stock is a machinegun -- and it can "readily restore" a semi-auto into a machinegun, simply because the gun owner can effectively fire the weapon continuously with a “single pull” of the trigger. This would invoke the statutory definition for a rifle, which is classified as a machinegun (26 USC 5845(b)).

It won’t matter that a gun which is being bump fired has not been fundamentally altered. AR-15s will be on the brink of extinction once these regulations go into force.

These regulations dismiss Second Amendment protections, by appealing to the Heller court decision. But the Constitution trumps the Supreme Court -- so when the Second Amendment says that the right to keep and bear arms “shall not be infringed,” any limitation of the right for law-abiding citizens should be treated as unconstitutional.

Here is another link to GOA's take on a bump stock ban. If your already not a member join, they are against all violations of our second amendment right.

The ATF is accepting comments on regulations on bump stocks until June 27, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET.  First and foremost, these proposed regulations will treat bump stock devices as machineguns, but they will also do much more. These regulations also raise serious questions in regard to your AR-15s or other semi-automatic rifles — as they are now on the brink of … Read more

Comment

Don't do it... It's a trick..
      This is just a tool to help them find out who has them..

They know from my voting record how I stand on anything "gun control" related.. This all they need to know..

Comment

Done, even though I don't have one

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Don't do it... It's a trick..
          This is just a tool to help them find out who has them..

They know from my voting record how I stand on anything "gun control" related.. This all they need to know..
          I definitely don't have one. That doesn't mean I won't try to help those who wish to legally have them. I'm against all gun control. Shall not be infringed means exactly that to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            I definitely don't have one. That doesn't mean I won't try to help those who wish to legally have them. I'm against all gun control. Shall not be infringed means exactly that to me.
            I don't have one either.. I don't even have a gun..
            The mighty Brazos washed them away in the last flood....

Comment

I don't have a bumpstock and never had any desire for one. However, it doesn't bother me one bit if someone has one. I am all for freedom. I will have to take care of dropping a comment tomorrow.

Comment

I do not own a bump-stock of any kind. But inertia can cause lots of rifles, shotguns, or handguns to follow up with a discharge similar to what the science that bumps-stocks work from. That is how the bump-stock was developed.

I will add that this not only includes and affects semiautomatic rifles, but will also affect semiautomatic shotguns and semiautomatic handguns, if not now, in the future. Criminals will then have the upper hand when committing crimes against civilians who will be left with inferior products (revolvers, pumps, ect) to try to defend them selves with. Because criminals will find a way to import or bypass law to get what they want. It will not stop them from seeking such products. They are criminals.

I oppose any regulation that infringes upon my second amendment rights, in any way.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-06-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Copy and paste this text and submit to ATF is you oppose gun/gun accessory bans.
                  Would be much more productive if people used their brains to submit their own comment. ATF doesn't care how many photocopies of the same comment they get

Comment

The ATF has already declined to ban them. It is now in the hands of legislation to propose and get it passed in a bill and if that doesn't happen, look for Trump to do an executive order to ban them. He has already said he would. I think it is an attempt for him to try to get some of the democratic votes and politicians on his side for later. The ATF told Congress and the Senate that it was not in their jurisdiction to ban them for the very reasons stated in your letter.

Comment

This is from Trumps twitter account:

Donald J. Trump

Verified account
                      @realDonaldTrump
                      Follow
                      Follow @realDonaldTrump

More
                      Obama Administration legalized bump stocks. BAD IDEA. As I promised, today the Department of Justice will issue the rule banning BUMP STOCKS with a mandated comment period. We will BAN all devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns.
                      1:50 PM - 23 Mar 2018

Comment

Originally posted by basschsr View Post
                        The ATF has already declined to ban them. It is now in the hands of legislation to propose and get it passed in a bill and if that doesn't happen, look for Trump to do an executive order to ban them. He has already said he would. I think it is an attempt for him to try to get some of the democratic votes and politicians on his side for later. The ATF told Congress and the Senate that it was not in their jurisdiction to ban them for the very reasons stated in your letter.
                        Umm, what? No. Try again.

Comment

Copy and paste this text and submit to ATF is you oppose gun/gun accessory bans. Link below the text where to comment.

I am opposed to any regulation on bump stocks.

These proposed regulations would declare a “bump stock” to be a machinegun because it allows the gun to fire more than one shot “by a single PULL of the trigger” -- that is, by a single volitional function of the finger.

But federal law, at 26 U.S.C. 5845(b), defines a part as a “machinegun” ONLY if it is designed solely and exclusively to allow the gun to “fire more than one shot ... by a single FUNCTION of the trigger.”

To state the obvious, a finger is not the same thing as a trigger. And, while a bump stock is in operation, the trigger functions separately every time a round is discharged.

So these regulations are proposing a radical change -- as they effectively define a gun as a machinegun even if the trigger resets for every round that is fired, so long as the finger only pulls the trigger once.

While bump stock devices will now be treated as machineguns under these regulations, they also raise serious questions in regard to AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles -- as they are now on the brink of being designated as machineguns by the next anti-gun administration.

In the past, one had to fundamentally change the firing mechanism of a semi-automatic firearm to convert it into a fully automatic firearm.

But now according to these regulations, a bump stock is a machinegun -- and it can "readily restore" a semi-auto into a machinegun, simply because the gun owner can effectively fire the weapon continuously with a “single pull” of the trigger. This would invoke the statutory definition for a rifle, which is classified as a machinegun (26 USC 5845(b)).

It won’t matter that a gun which is being bump fired has not been fundamentally altered. AR-15s will be on the brink of extinction once these regulations go into force.

These regulations dismiss Second Amendment protections, by appealing to the Heller court decision. But the Constitution trumps the Supreme Court -- so when the Second Amendment says that the right to keep and bear arms “shall not be infringed,” any limitation of the right for law-abiding citizens should be treated as unconstitutional.

https://www.regulations.gov/comment?...2018-0002-0001

Don’t copy generic form language.

They are only required to reply once to any letter that is the same language regardless of the amount that are submitted.

Be creative and use your own language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            Umm, what? No. Try again.
                            They looked at them a couple of years ago. Pretty sure that's what he is talking about.

Comment

Done. Put in my own text.

Comment

Working...
                              X