Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand and fill feeder question..

Comparing Lamco vs. All Seasons.

Other than the obvious price/size difference, is there a quality difference? I'm looking at getting either the 600 lb All Seasons or the Lamco 500 lb.

Any other stand and fills out there on skids? My feeder got tore up by a bear or something huge at my Dryden lease. Looking to replace it and not have to climb up on the back of the UTV to fill it. I'm getting too old for that.

I have two Lamco low and throw feeders. IMO they are better built than the all season feeders. They are also more expensive. Everything is self contained in these, and coons can't reach the spinner.

Comment

I have the Ranch King Mighty Buck. So far, it's an impressive unit. I love the controls being in the lid where I don't have to get on the ground to change settings, etc. No cage to block corn either.

Comment

I've really like and had great luck with my stand and fill from All-Seasons.

However, check with Jason Gabler aka Robinhood on the gs. He makes some dang fine stand & fill feeders.

Comment

Not sure which lamco u are looking at but check out the lamco low & throw or whatever the new one is. They are great and easy to fill. Also the way the spinner plate is protected nothing can get to the corn and no cage to knock the corn down when throwing. I have 2 and 2 all season along with some HB's and capsule feeders. Can't go wrong with either. When I replace feeders , I will be switching all over to the lamco's.
          Last edited by DUKFVR; 06-28-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I'm looking at the 500 lb. Econo Feeder from Lamco and the 600 lb All Seasons Stand and Fill. One of the guys on the lease has a 350 lb. All Seasons stand and Fill and the varmint cage is really heavy duty. The only drawback is how low the timer is. Kinda hard for me to get that low.

Comment

we got the all seasons 600 in Hondo at Mummes for $395 on sale - heck of a deal and we like the feeder - I would have bought several more if there would have been more room in my truck

Comment

Wow!

When did you get them on sale?

Comment

I believe Krivoman makes a stand and fill with skids.

Comment

Bought the lamco 600 S&F. It was better quality than the all seasons. And with everything contained it made it easy to spend that extra bit. Has held up very well with no issues.

Comment

Look at GreenGo feeders. Heavy duty and better priced. We have a lot of aoudad and they cant hurt these feeders

Comment

Lamco are better built but do cost more.

I like the Ranch king I just bout a few weeks ago...on skids and timer unit is in the lid. No getting under it.

There is also a company in san angelo making one similar to Lamco but out of steel and a little better priced. We have one of those and would buy more of them as well. Controls are up high on them also.
                        Last edited by txwhitetail; 06-28-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I have the 600 lb All Seasons protein feeder that is stand and fill. So far no troubles with it. It was $50 more to get a protein feeder so that is what I choose. I like the tray all the way around for the deer feed. Corn and protein mix very well and no problems running through it. The spinner is well concealed. A little goes onto the ground but nothing underneath it. The deer stand to the side and I have no problems with shot opportunities that I wouldn't have with a corn S&F feeder. The controls are on the outside of the feeder in a box below the solar panel. We are feeding exotics and WT and have no problems with the durability, function, or how well the animals consume feed from the unit. I don't think I would choose a corn only feeder for my situation. I like how comfortable they are around the unit and how many eat what they need without much interference from others that are eating there as well.

Comment

I have the 1,000 pound HB. It is very well bit. The varmit cage is stout. Yes it does knock some corn down but it keeps the coons and hogs away from the plate. Most well built feeder I've used.

Comment

I have 4 of the all season 600lb S&F

I chose these over the Lamco low and throw just because I got these $150.00 ea less.

Can't go wrong with any of them...

Comment

Working...
                              X