Game Warden Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Warden Question

Can a GW write anyone a ticket merely for a photo?

Some cat on FB says his buddy was given a ticket because he posted a pic of a few trout.

I'm arguing that a warden would never do this. He has no idea if there were 1 or 10 people fishing.

Now, what if the guy states he was alone? Is that reason enough for a ticket, or would a GW have to actually catch someone in posession?

Thanks.

I doubt a GW wrote a ticket based on a picture. If he did, it would be easily tossed out in court. Now, a GW may take his own photo of the evidence to use in court if he actually witnessed the violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

GW's love Social media for this reason

Now whether the photo was all he used for proof who knows

Lots a people caught/tickets wrote thanks to social media

Comment

Our game warden told us they catch and prosecute lots of people via social media. They did it on lone star law with the timber rattlesnake the guy posted a pic with on face book.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Our game warden told us they catch and prosecute lots of people via social media. They did it on lone star law with the timber rattlesnake the guy posted a pic with on face book.
          True but he posted a pic of the snake with it's head blown off !

Comment

I can understand some pics, like that rattlesnake. I'm assuming its against the law to kill one? But a stringer of fish that doesn't also show the fisherman in the photo is a stretch in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
              I can understand some pics, like that rattlesnake. I'm assuming its against the law to kill one? But a stringer of fish that doesn't also show the fisherman in the photo is a stretch in my opinion.

Agree
              Something more to the story, I'm sure.

Comment

They do a lot with pictures. Ask the guy that posted the picture of the owl on here he hit with his car. I believe the feds got involved in that one. Do any of the regulars remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                  They do a lot with pictures. Ask the guy that posted the picture of the owl on here he hit with his car. I believe the feds got involved in that one. Do any of the regulars remember that?
                  Wrong site bro

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
                    Wrong site bro
                    Ahhh the refuge good ol days. I think he met the feds at Academy parking lot.....lol

Comment

If the guy posted the pic of trout indicating he caught them, then the game warden went to him and said "we have proof that you illegally caught these trout now confess" and the guy confessed to it, then I I know the GW would ticket him, and he should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                        I doubt a GW wrote a ticket based on a picture. If he did, it would be easily tossed out in court. Now, a GW may take his own photo of the evidence to use in court if he actually witnessed the violation.

Comment

What about the guy that posted the pic of bull reds on Facebook and they got him big time. The news did a story on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jruss View Post
                            Ahhh the refuge good ol days. I think he met the feds at Academy parking lot.....lol
                            I did laugh when I thought of Auto wearing spandex for mtn biking and shooting a bow, a modern day Robin Hood.

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
                              I did laugh when I thought of Auto wearing spandex for mtn biking and shooting a bow, a modern day Robin Hood.
                              Yeah, ask Shane about what wardens do with internet pics.... GW's monitor social media all the time for these types of cases...

Comment

Working...
                              X