Camp Bullis 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impyman18 View Post
    Hey guys and gals. 1st year applying and winning lotto. Any pointers and or advice for the new guys?
    Welcome! I'm certainly not an old hand at hunting Camp Bullis as this is the second year I've had the opportunity, but I'll just share a couple things from my perspective.

1. If you're new to Texas and used to hunting from tall trees, like I was, you're certainly going to have to rethink your setup. I brought my climber and hang on last year and quickly realized that I'd need something else. I ended up buying a tripod and a ground blind.

2. Familiarize yourself with the Texas regulations for antler size etc. There were a number of bucks confiscated last year because they fell under the limit. These still count for the buck quota, as I understand it, so it ends up shafting everyone else and their chances of taking a buck.

3. Have fun and enjoy being out there, because although there are a number of bucks out there, you may not have the opportunity to take one (quotas discussed above). I've already resigned myself to this fact for this year, as I was pretty disappointed last year when my area was shut for bucks prior to the rut.

Good luck this season! Have fun!

Comment

Thanks Leet. I've been in Texas since 04. The lack of pinetrees like NC was a shock myself. I've never had my own "lease". I've always hunted properties with lanes and stands already setup. I'm gonna have to figure it all out this year. I was looking at tripods and feeders yesterday. I don't wanna get too crazy but also don't wanna sell myself short on a nice setup.

Comment

You do NOT have to be present. Lottery ran fine, it was the purchase that was the issue. All winners will be able to purchase permit and select stands at 1100 on Saturday, August 29.

Comment

Did I win or not. I did not receive an e-mail stating I won but I was given the option to purchase a deer permit!!

Comment

Originally posted by bbab2006 View Post
            Did I win or not. I did not receive an e-mail stating I won but I was given the option to purchase a deer permit!!
            Should say on the I sports site. Click on the part that says lottery, should say there if you won.

Comment

Default Pool In Lottery Ticket is awaiting drawing from the pool. ?????

Comment

Should say something like "you won" if you won. Mine said the same as yours before the drawing.

Comment

Should look something like this when you click on the Lottery.

Comment

Thanks guys. Better luck next time I guess!!

Comment

Do not count out the secondary drawings. Stand selection will be poor but there's always more rifle hunters drawn than the are rifle stands.

Comment

Got stand 11a-7

Comment

I got 7-10 and my wife got gun stand 4

Comment

7-17 here. Anyone scouting tomorrow?

Comment

Dang it. I must have picked the wrong area. Two people from the 7s

Comment

Originally posted by JCG View Post
                                Dang it. I must have picked the wrong area. Two people from the 7s
                                Your spot looks good to me on Google Earth. Kind of a natural funnel between that open area and the fence. You never know!

Comment

Working...
                                X