Pat Mayse WMA Spring Turkey Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat Mayse WMA Spring Turkey Hunt

I just got the email that my wife and I were drawn for April 224-26.
    Anybody ever hunted there?
    What are our odds?
    Please share anymore thoughts or info you have.

Congrats on being drawn! Don't have any direct knowledge but last year there was 1 taken out of 15 hunters for a 7% harvest.

Comment

Congrats on getting drawn.

Eat at Borderline in Powderly. The steaks are off the charts! Get there before 7 to get in.

I don't know about the thunder chickens. Never seen many around the area. But I will ask around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Ironman View Post
        Congrats on being drawn! Don't have any direct knowledge but last year there was 1 taken out of 15 hunters for a 7% harvest.

I saw that. Not good odds!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Congrats on getting drawn.

Eat at Borderline in Powderly. The steaks are off the charts! Get there before 7 to get in.

I don't know about the thunder chickens. Never seen many around the area. But I will ask around.

Thanks!

Comment

Still a turkey hunt in a new place where you know there are at least birds

Comment

Congrats!

My dad and I put in for it but no luck!

Comment

When I was an assistant manager at the walmart in Paris I use to bass fish back in the wild life area. That was many years ago, but we use to catch some really nice fish. Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

There are some birds. Good luck!

Comment

I though you posted on Around The Campfire that you were too busy to go and lost
                    preference points

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      I though you posted on Around The Campfire that you were too busy to go and lost
                      preference points

I posted this thread before I made the decision not to go.

Comment

Oh duh, sorry. Sux u cant go. Turks are there but tuff. Easy to over call to easterns. Patience is
                        key, cant work em like rios

Comment

If you have a boat I can tell you where to go to have a great shot at them. Pm me if so and I can take a pic of the map with locations. I'm not a turkey hunter but I know where they are and my buddy kills them their every year.

Comment

Well my grandsons were drawn for the youth deer hunt a few yrs ago and I was n a pop up blind with my youngest grandson we had about ten turkeys walk rt up t the blind but couldn't do anything but watch em lol! Least we seen something! No deer tho! So I know they're there and I got drawed for the hunt also this yr! My hunt is the wknd of 5-18 thru 5-20 so Gona give it my best! Good luck t u 2 !!!

Comment

Sorry posted wrong dates lol! My hunt 4-18 thru 4-20

Comment

Working...
                              X