HHA or Trophy Ridge Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a Trophy Ridge Drive slider sight, and on arrival I put it back in the box and am returning it. The plastic pin did not look durable to me, and was not looking forward to breaking it. That being said I need to decide between a Trophy Ridge Pursuit or an HHA Ol 3019. They are the same price. I have heard only extremely good things about HHA, the only downfall I can find is you can't put a sight light on it. I also like Trophy Ridge and have a trophy ridge rest on my rig now. The Pursuit comes with a sight light. Both sights are made of aluminum. Any tips or ideas?

HHA Blue Burst is the light for the HHA sights. It's around $30

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363137682.835130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	24179755
      HHA Blue Burst

Comment

Go with the HHA. Had mine for 4 years and never a problem. Solid sight.

Comment

Take a look at the black gold ascent ambush too for a single pin if you haven't already. Just ordered one. Got a great deal on it! Pm for info if your interested in one.

Comment

The only sight in my price range can not have a light on it. Is the light really worth it?

Comment

To me it is, especially if you hunt out of a blind. Nothing worse than not being able to find that pin when you need it most.

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                To me it is, especially if you hunt out of a blind. Nothing worse than not being able to find that pin when you need it most.
                This^^^^^. Hunting from a dark pop up blind at first or last light, there's no ambient light for the fiber optics to gather and make the pin bright. My buddy missed a doe at first light last year because he couldn't see his pins from a ladder stand, so it can happen in any scenario. I think they are worth it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Comment

This definitely has me leaning towards the Trophy Ridge. Unless any one has a definite reason not to I will be ordering it this weekend after I check the local sporting goods store. Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                    The only sight in my price range can not have a light on it. Is the light really worth it?
                    Also if you're ever hunting pigs at night it is really useful...

Comment

Not sure what your budget is, but I purchased one of these off the classifieds and have been very pleased. They are well built and easy to use.

I never see much chatter about these sights and I'm not sure why. I was originally going to get an HHA, but this one popped up at a good price and I scooped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                        Not sure what your budget is, but I purchased one of these off the classifieds and have been very pleased. They are well built and easy to use.

I never see much chatter about these sights and I'm not sure why. I was originally going to get an HHA, but this one popped up at a good price and I scooped it up.
                        Is this sight compatible with a bohning one piece quiver set up?

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                          Is this sight compatible with a bohning one piece quiver set up?
                          The Copper John Mark IV is half the price ($100) of the top model HHA. Really good sight and the light kit is $10.

Comment

Trophy ridge is a top notch company, I have their sights on all my bows, their machining tolerances are second to none, you wont be disapointed eith the pursuit... the other one you had was a more economical model.. Good luck!
                            Last edited by Skullworks52; 03-13-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X