This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TKC View Post
    Gig Em! Just want to finally witness sustained toughness like the days of old. Would love to see 8 or 9 wins but not sure it is in the realm of reality this year. Blessing and good luck to all.
    Nice post. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Starting DE Michael Clemons broke foot has to get a screw in it. Looking at 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone here ever been to Blacksburg for a VA Tech game? I will be there on Oct 6th and wondering what to expect in terms of game day atmosphere and tailgating. The night games there look pretty amped-up on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
          This is probably a long shot, but has anyone here ever been to Blacksburg for a VA Tech game? I will be there on Oct 6th and wondering what to expect in terms of game day atmosphere and tailgating. The night games there look pretty amped-up on TV.
          I did LSU @ VT in 2002 ??. Blacksburg is nestled in between the mountains in the middle of nowhere. You’ll likely have to fly into Roanoke and drive to the campus. One of the most memorable, pre-game, jacked up crowds as the FB team enters Lane Stadium to Metallica's Sandman. 65,000 fans will feel and sound like 100,000 as the stadium is literally rockin’. That place can get insane / intimidating especially if the Hokies are winning. You won’t forget the experience as I didn’t. LSU had 4-5 fumbles, went something like 1-15 on 3rd Dn conversions, and struggled on offense losing 28-7.

I would definitely do it again. Weather can change instantly (rain & fog) as it could be 45* for a night game and 65* for a day game. Since it’s ND, I’m guessing an 11am EST kickoff time
          Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-04-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            I did LSU @ VT in 2002 ??. Blacksburg is nestled in between the mountains in the middle of nowhere. You’ll likely have to fly into Roanoke and drive to the campus. One of the most memorable, pre-game, jacked up crowds as the FB team enters Lane Stadium to Metallica's Sandman. 65,000 fans will feel and sound like 100,000 as the stadium is literally rockin’. That place can get insane / intimidating especially if the Hokies are winning. You won’t forget the experience as I didn’t. LSU had 4-5 fumbles, went something like 1-15 on 3rd Dn conversions, and struggled on offense losing 28-7.

I would definitely do it again. Weather can change instantly (rain & fog) as it could be 45* for a night game and 65* for a day game. Since it’s ND, I’m guessing an 11am EST kickoff time
            Thanks for the recap. I'm very much looking forward to the Sandman entry. I've seen it on TV and it's awesome.

ND is 11 and VT is 17 in the preseason poll. If both teams start the season well, don't you think it will be a night game? Right now game time is TBD, but I'm really hoping for a night game.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
              Starting DE Michael Clemons broke foot has to get a screw in it. Looking at 6 weeks.

That’s not good, was excited to see him play and his improvement.

Also confirmed that, Kendall Bussey has transferred out

Comment

Yes, went to graduate school at Va. Tech. It’s great for tailgating, or at least it was when we left in 2012. The night games are a blast. October is hit or miss weather wise. It can be a beautiful fall day, or fairly cold. You should be there at the right time to enjoy foliage change.

Tailgating was kind of first come, first serve on spots, but you will probably need some form of a parking pass to park in visitor spots. I don’t remember how that works, as I had a student tag. We had a group we tailgated with across Southgate drive which is on the South side of Lane Stadium.

If you have any questions about places to go, or other things to do while there, feel free to pm me.

Comment

Thanks for the recap. I'm very much looking forward to the Sandman entry. I've seen it on TV and it's awesome.

ND is 11 and VT is 17 in the preseason poll. If both teams start the season well, don't you think it will be a night game? Right now game time is TBD, but I'm really hoping for a night game.

They typically have one or two night games a year. With both being ranked, it wouldn’t surprise me if it is a night game.

I was in the stands for this game. The video really doesn’t do it justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    Girls soccer has more concussions than football.

They claim lacrosse is the worst.

Comment

I was hanging out with a buddy of mine last night that is a UT alum. We always end up talking about football. He started talking about the strength coach and was pretty excited about some kid squatting 700lbs(defensive lineman I think?)
                      While 700lbs is certainly a ton of weight, I was shocked there wasn't more players on the squad that were lifting that. Heck, TCU has a WR that squats 780lbs right now and several players in the '700 club'. Was the previous strength coach that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        I was hanging out with a buddy of mine last night that is a UT alum. We always end up talking about football. He started talking about the strength coach and was pretty excited about some kid squatting 700lbs(defensive lineman I think?)

While 700lbs is certainly a ton of weight, I was shocked there wasn't more players on the squad that were lifting that. Heck, TCU has a WR that squats 780lbs right now and several players in the '700 club'. Was the previous strength coach that bad?

700lbs is not a ton...a ton=2000lb[emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                          700lbs is not a ton...a ton=2000lb[emoji12]
                          touche'

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            Girls soccer has more concussions than football.
                            I have seen this quoted before but never seen a citation. Are we talking college women's soccer vs college football or a much larger population like all of club soccer?

My daughter is very into soccer and we have seen a good number of the women's soccer games at A&M and know people on and around the team and I have never heard of or seen a concussion in a game or practice. I can't say the same for football. Yes I know that's anecdotal info vs data.

-edit to add info-
                            Did some digging around and found where it comes from. A study of high school concussion reports from 2005-2015. It's true that women's soccer has higher rates than football but it's also true that women's soccer has higher rates then men's soccer. So it's not just the sport, which certainly plays into it, it's probably something physiological; skull thickness, neck length, brain development.

I also have to wonder if reporting levels has something to do with it. Having both a daughter and two son's I can tell you my daughter is far more likely to tell me if something happened at practice than my son who would probably just go to his room and sleep it off.
                            Last edited by Dave; 08-05-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

700lbs is a LOT OF WEIGHT! You start seeing bones break at some point and you just don’t risk knowing how high a guy can go. If you can squat 700lbs I’m saying “you’re good, Rackem”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My daughter is 11 and the goalie on her team had a concussion 2 years in a row. She now wears a concussion headband. I also know a few others in the league that have had concussions as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X