Africa Taxidermist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa Taxidermist

I'm heading to Africa in May and want to see if anyone can recommend a taxidermist that is quality yet reasonable with African animals?

What area are you in?

Comment

Safari Studios in San Angelo is probably the best out there for African mounts

Comment

All of mine are currently with The Artistry of Wildlife. They are one of the best in the business IMO. Not local but they can ship them to you or deliver if you have a big enough order. http://www.artistryofwildlife.com/

Comment

All you need to do is to get the "dip and ship" part done in Africa. Or you can just get Euro's done over there. Shipping is done by VOLUME, not weight so a shoulder mount can cost a bundle and full body mounts can be outrageous. When we went in 2012 a gentleman said he had a shoulder mount done on an Eland and it cost him $3000 to gt shipped back to the states!

Comment

It will cost, probably more than the hunt itself! I would get onto www.africahunting.com and ask around. Real pros on that site.

Comment

Jerry huffaker in Abilene. He isn't cheap, but you won't find a better taxidermist in the states. His big cats are fantastic if you are Lucky enough to shoot one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                All of mine are currently with The Artistry of Wildlife. They are one of the best in the business IMO. Not local but they can ship them to you or deliver if you have a big enough order. http://www.artistryofwildlife.com/
                I haven't seen better, I'd venture to say that he produces the best work on African game period.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Looks way better than anything I've seen in Texas.

Comment

B & B Taxidermy in Houston. Just look at the website or visit in person you will not be disappointed.

Comment

Second on Jimmy at Safari Studios. Karl Brosig in Midland is awesome on African stuff. Both have doe mounts for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        Second on Jimmy at Safari Studios. Karl Brosig in Midland is awesome on African stuff. Both have doe mounts for me.

+1 for Brosig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you looking to a taxidermist in Africa or are you looking for a taxidermist in the US to do your animals when they get home?

Ed at Elk Ridge Taxidermy is AMAZING I really love his work, he does tons of Africa work and well he is also very reasonably priced https://www.facebook.com/Elk-Ridge-T...1869986835580/ Tell'em Allen Crane sent you.

If you are looking for someone to mount it in south Africa, well I would have them do euro mounts or skull caps and tan the capes making sure they turn the lips and ears... BTW you don't need licences or anything to export finished work from Africa, as if you bought out of a store. That could save you a lot of money... If you are going to South Africa let me know I know a couple places you can hunt.

Comment

I 2nd B & B

Comment

Two for Brosig. they just received my stuff yesterday. safari studio does great work as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X