Let’s talk bino’s!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s talk bino’s!!

Well, in typical last minute fashion I have decided to buy some new glass. I’ve done a little looking on line and plan on going to Cabela’s tomorrow and try some on!
    So,what’s everybody using? What’s the best out there for the money? Complaints on tour current pair? Which to stay away from?

And most importantly my budget is $450 bucks!

Can't go wrong with Steiner or Zeiss

Comment

With a $450 budget, I wouldn't waste my time in the retail market...I'm an admitted snob when it comes to glass & spend a lot of time looking through mine when in the stand, so eye strain is a concern.

If it were my $$$$, I would up the budget just a little & start looking in the used market for some clean swaro 8x30slc's or the Ziess 10x40 classics. These are going to be better than any new binos dollar for dollar IMO...plus they are easily a better investment when it is time to upgrade & retaining resale value vs the hit you will take buying new. Go this route & send them into the mfg for a once over.

I started with 8x30slc's, then sold upgraded to 10slc's & finally to the 10xEL's...next step would be to the 10xEL swaro vision but would have to be the right deal for it to happen as I'm happy with what I have.

Good luck in your decision.

Comment

I have the Steiner 10x42 predators and love them. You can buy them on eBay for $300-400

Comment

I was in cabellas Friday looking at binos
          They have some sales going on in some brands
          The $500 level look at the Burris and vortex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            With a $450 budget, I wouldn't waste my time in the retail market...I'm an admitted snob when it comes to glass & spend a lot of time looking through mine when in the stand, so eye strain is a concern.

If it were my $$$$, I would up the budget just a little & start looking in the used market for some clean swaro 8x30slc's or the Ziess 10x40 classics. These are going to be better than any new binos dollar for dollar IMO...plus they are easily a better investment when it is time to upgrade & retaining resale value vs the hit you will take buying new. Go this route & send them into the mfg for a once over.

I started with 8x30slc's, then sold upgraded to 10slc's & finally to the 10xEL's...next step would be to the 10xEL swaro vision but would have to be the right deal for it to happen as I'm happy with what I have.

Good luck in your decision.

^^^^^^
            Best Advice you can get right here!

Comment

I have some Swarovski pocket binos I would sell..
              Great glass and very light for bow hunting
              Lmk

Comment

You can find Minox BL HD in the sub $500 range. They aren't Leica or Swaro but they are pretty good

Comment

Much depends on how you are going to use them. In my opinion if you are using them primarily for bowhunting 8 power is all you need. Instead of worrying about higher power spend your money on quality glass and bigger lenses - both objective and ocular. That makes a huge difference when it comes to their light gathering capabilities. I have Leica 8x50 and it is amazing what I can see in low light. They are heavy but I only stand hunt so weight is not a factor.

Comment

Artos gave some very good advice.
                    But if your set on that budget, I’d look at vortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ziess Terra 10x42 400-450 bucks

Great glass.

Also look into the Nikon monarch 5 for about the same. I own both , Terra is better in my opinion.

I had a pair of vortex 300 dollar jobs. Returned them.

Comment

CameralandNY will have a set to you in a couple of days if you order now.
                        I like their demo prices.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
                          I have the Steiner 10x42 predators and love them. You can buy them on eBay for $300-400
                          X2 with your budget your going with, can’t go wrong with them, I love the pair I have.

Comment

I agree with Artos on the Zeiss 10x40’s (older conquest)
                            I snagged some last year for under 300$ and they are awesome

Comment

Cabelas might not be the place to shop unless 450 is your point balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X