• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
    Mine have not returned yet........

Lometa................
    Same in Bend

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

They are cleaning up the corn in my hog traps and at the feeders that are being run for hogs---got a short video of 4 mature gobblers strutting around right about 15 years from my pop-up.

Comment

They were firing in Live Oak County. Not as much in Menard County but the wind has been really high and that will shut them down.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Still waiting in Coke Co. as well.

Comment

My uncle was there early in the week saw em and said they were gobbling a couple mornings

Comment

They are going crazy right now at our ranch we have well over a hundred birds. I’m not a turkey hunter but my friends come all the way from Canada to hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
                Same in Bend

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                We hunt near Lometa too and had not seen many during deer season. Our last trip (mid February) we saw 1 group of about 30 and another of about 7. Have not been back yet but we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Comment

Hot and Heavy in Karnes County. I have high hopes for opening weekend

Comment

The toms were gobbling some (early) last weekend at our lease. Saw lots of hens running together but I don't think they were ready quite yet. Saw some other random toms all fluffed up and strutting in the pastures on the drive home.

Seems like last year the turkey rut kicked off way earlier. It was hard to call birds in by the time the season started. Hopefully it will be better this year. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      The toms were gobbling some (early) last weekend at our lease. Saw lots of hens running together but I don't think they were ready quite yet. Saw some other random toms all fluffed up and strutting in the pastures on the drive home.

Seems like last year the turkey rut kicked off way earlier. It was hard to call birds in by the time the season started. Hopefully it will be better this year. I'm looking forward to it.

Where ya located?

I thought the exact opposite last year

Comment

I went last night and hit the owl call at last light a few locations. Only 2 gobbles. Normally I would hear them in a few directions at those different spots. And all the hens are still together. I will be out opening day not matter what though. Just a little outside Fredericksburg.
                        Last edited by bigbad243; 03-14-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          Where ya located?

I thought the exact opposite last year
                          We are north of Richland Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                            We are north of Richland Springs.

In my opinion, that region typically runs a few weeks behind Karnes

With that in mind, I’d expect your birds are still flocked up and just getting stuff figured out. I’d expect them to really turn on here in the next week or so.

Last year, the “northern” birds I hunted were prime time first and 2nd week of April.

Comment

I hear quite a few gobbling in the distance at my property in west Llano near Mason.

Comment

Anyone hearing or seeing anything down near Ozona, Sonora or surrounding areas?

Comment

Working...
                                X