My son took the oath!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son took the oath!

My son, Joseph has decided to take his turn doing a young man's duty for this great nation. He's decided to become a U.S. Marine like his ol' dad. He will be shipping out to boot camp in San Diego on April 15th. I'm proud that he's taken this step. He's a great young man. I know he'll do well. He signed up for infantry.

Tell him ‘Thank You’
    Kudos to you for raising him right.

Comment

Sounds like he has done well. Sounds like dad has more of an influence than realized.
      Congrats to your boy and hopes he fills in nicely into MARINE life.

Comment

That’s awesome! Thank you too you both!

Comment

Tell him Congratulations & Thank you.

Comment

Good for Him. And thank You for your Service.

Comment

Thank you both for your service!!!

Comment

Thank your family for yall’s service!! God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank both of you for your service!

Comment

Congrats to him, and thanks for his future service. My grand-daughter just finished her boot camp at San Antonio and tech school at Wichita Falls for the Air Force National Guard. Cockpit life support and pilot systems. She's excited to say the least.

Comment

Congrats to your son. Thank you both for your service. MAGA

Comment

Kudos to your son

Comment

Congrats and even better going for infantry.

Comment

Congrats to him and thank you both for your service

Comment

Thanks, y'all. I just sit and think back to all the great times and all the tough times in the Corps and how much of an impact those moments (both good and bad) taught me about life. I'm excited for him about experiencing the same thing. There's will be a whole lot of life lessons jammed into a 4 year enlistment.

One of the reasons this weighed so heavily on him to sign up is that my nephew (my son's 1st cousin) was killed in Afghanistan in an ambush in 2011. My son wasn't of age to John at the time, of course. But, I
                              He was close to his older cousin and admired him greatly. Shortly after his death, my son told me he felt duty call upon him to take his cousin's place when he was of age. Well, he's followed through im n that calling up to this point. Now he's just got to make it through and become a Marine.

BTW, his cousin was Staff Sgt. Houston Taylor, US Army. He was from Azle, TX and son to my wife's sister. A ****ed fine young man and a hell of a warrior.

Comment

Working...
                              X