Recurve question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurve question?

I was wondering if there is any difference in the limbs of a left hand bow compared to the right hand bow?
    What I'm trying to find is could I purchase a set of limbs from a left hand bow and put on my right hand riser?

I have a set of limbs that have a nick in the top limb (for my Palmer) and I see some left hand bows for sell a lot cheaper then right hand. I really wish I could find someone who might be able to repair the limbs, other then Palmer where it would take a year to get them back.

No difference. It's just the side of the riser that the shelf is on, shouldn't make any difference in the limbs.

Comment

Most limbs are cut to fit a shelf on the proper side of the bow. SOME recurves don't have such modifications, but I know that bows like a Schafer, Wapiti, and Brackenbury must be the right "handedness" to fit the riser.

Best be sure they will fit before you order lefties for a right handed bow.

Brett

Comment

Just looked at a palmer on ebay.

They do not look like they are cut to fit a certain riser. You may be able to get some left handed limbs to shoot off a right handed riser. I would ask Mike Palmer to be sure.....if you can get in touch with him.

Brett

Comment

Working...
        X