Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever blown away at a concert (by the music?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea

Brit Floyd and the "new" Foreigner.. Saw Foreigner at the Golden Nugget a couple of months ago and they freakin Rocked the house..

Comment

My wife and I took a short weekend getaway from the kids a few years ago to Gruene. Went into Gruene Hall and the Shinyribs were playing. What impressed me was that lead singer Kevin Russel never took a break. When the band took a break, he just kept playing. He also played at least five different stringed instruments from ukulele to mandolin to guitars of different types.

Comment

Alice in Chains at Lollapalooza- I wouldn't say blown away, but when they took the stage I could tell an A-lister had finally shown up.

Comment

I went to see Mudvayne at the Palladium in Dallas and In This Moment opened for them. I had never heard of them (this was probably 2008 or so) but they put on a better show than Mudvayne.

Comment

Pointer Sisters in '79.

Comment

Bebo Norman

Comment

[QUOTE=Skinny;13487474]Tool blew me away. But I knew who they were.

Wish I had seen Tool

Comment

At local clubs in Atlanta in the 80's:

The Fins
                  The Heartfixers
                  Luther "Houserocker" Johnson
                  Illusion

Bands I'd heard of but was surprised how they rocked live. These were at shows at Lakewood in Atlanta. We would take the Fire Engine to all the shows because we got in free, got VIP treatment and got to watch the show.

Poison(the were so tight and sharp I was shocked)
                  Indigo Girls(I had zero interest in them but they jammed live)

In Vegas:

Gladys Night. I always liked her, but she put on a show. Her brother Bubba(one of the Pips) stole the show.

Comment

3 instances in particular. Several years ago I saw Johnathon Tyler and the Northern Lights open at the Dallas House of Blues. Absolutely blew me away. Second would have been the couple of times I've seen Joe Bonamassa. Last would be seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band at Red Rocks. Best show ever...

Comment

The lost trailers at surf club.
                      Panic at the disco concrete street. (Lead singer has crazy talent)
                      Robert earl keen Flores country store.
                      Willie Nelson, 4th of July picnic.

Comment

Judas priest,ac/dc and ( as much as this might be a hit on the man card) journey. Steve Perry blew the roof off the AAC.

Comment

Yea. About 10 years ago in a little dive bar in Mineral Wells, they were playing for tips so no cover and there was about 7 people in there.

Cody Jinks

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
                            Could not stand any Vince Gill music. Saw him in concert and was blown away by him guitar skills. Left with a ton of respect for him as a musician.

Me too. I took my wife to see him at the Arena Theater in Houston. It's a small place for a concert. He was incredible. Awesome musical talent. Probably one of the most underrated guitarist. Especially in country music.

Comment

Cody Jinks at Gruene Hall 5 or 6 years ago. Had heard some of his music, but unlike a lot of singers, he is way better live. Seen him a whole lot of times since that night.

In April, we caught The Steel Woods in Luckenbach, and we were quite impressed! If you haven't heard of them, look em up.

Comment

Willie Nelson (Saw him before the concert and he was some kind of messed up at a meet and greet) He got on stage and went into a 5 minute solo on "Whiskey River take my mind" and it was unbelievable..Whitesnake was another one that knocked it out of the park.

Comment

Working...
                                X