No announcement yet.

Snake Bite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swelling is going down a little compared to this morning. He got popped pretty good. I've already washed it off once and it keeps oozing more. He wants to shake his head but can't. He is pretty calm and just wants to be a typical hound and lay down.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like he's going to be just fine. All that loose skin probably helped. More room for all the swelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
        Looks like he's going to be just fine. All that loose skin probably helped. More room for all the swelling.
        Very true. He definitely has plenty.

Comment

My dog got bit a month or so back. Benadryl and aspirin for a week and he was good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What is the amount of Benadryl and how often do you give it?

For reference, I have a 115 pound lab.

Comment

It’s crazy how tough dogs are. If we were to get popped we’d go to the hospital ASAP. Dogs get hit they seem fine with Benadryl.

Comment

Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
                It’s crazy how tough dogs are. If we were to get popped we’d go to the hospital ASAP. Dogs get hit they seem fine with Benadryl.
                Most would.....Benadryl doesn't work good for rattlesnake bites on people.LOL

Sounded like a really good idea at the time. My hand just kept swelling up.

Ibuprofen seems to help with mild bites. It did for me anyways. Results may vary.
                Last edited by okrattler; 06-24-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Most would.....Benadryl doesn't work good for rattlesnake bites on people.LOL

Sounded like a really good idea at the time. My hand just kept swelling up.

Ibuprofen seems to help with mild bites. It did for me anyways. Results may vary.
                  Oh definitely. I’m just amazed that’s all. If my dog was bit we’d be going to the vet. I’d just give her a Benadryl on the way there.

Comment

Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
                    Oh definitely. I’m just amazed that’s all. If my dog was bit we’d be going to the vet. I’d just give her a Benadryl on the way there.
                    That's what my buddy gives his dogs. I don't think he's ever taken one to the vet. They definitely have a better immune system than we do.

I've only known of two dogs that have died from a bite. Both were older dogs. The worst trouble is it messes up their kidneys. People too I guess...But most healthy dogs really bounce back from a snake bite amazingly fast.

I agree. Dogs are a lot tougher than they're given credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      That's what my buddy gives his dogs. I don't think he's ever taken one to the vet. They definitely have a better immune system than we do.

I've only known of two dogs that have died from a bite. Both were older dogs. The worst trouble is it messes up their kidneys. People too I guess...But most healthy dogs really bounce back from a snake bite amazingly fast.

I agree. Dogs are a lot tougher than they're given credit for.

Working farm dogs almost never die from a rattlesnake bite but prized bird dogs and dear pets don’t do as well it seems.

My granddad had a cow dog get hit at least once per year and never lost one to my knowledge and dang sure never had one treated by a vet.

Comment

Swelling has seemed to level out all throughout his lower mouth. He is back to himself but still uncomfortable. Very nasty wound. He just relaxes all day in his pool.

Comment

Working...
                        X