Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Yep. He would never make it here in Dallas. You'll get tailgated while your driving on the shoulder. (thumbs up smilie)
    Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
    its the same in Houston.
    Houston is worse than Dallas, at least in Dallas if you put your blinker on they wouldn’t speed up to block you. Houston is the worst I’ve driven in.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
      Houston is worse than Dallas, at least in Dallas if you put your blinker on they wouldn’t speed up to block you. Houston is the worst I’ve driven in.
      Oh they pull that crap here in Dallas too.

Comment

I hear just fine. You have not explained *****
        no explaation necessary when you are posturing you know what you are doing is wrong no need to argue with a like you you already framed your argument from teh very beginning I see what ur doing lmaoooooooooooo

Comment

it just drives me crazy when I'm already do 80 in the passing lane so that I can pass someone and the impatient SOB's are still tailgating you.
          I'm with you, ETH. I hate that. Rather than brake check, I've found that turning on my windshield washer works better at getting them to back off.

Or, just slowly lift my foot off the gas.

I also try to recognize when I'm in a bad mood and deliberately drive 65 to make everyone pass me. Except when I come on someone driving 60.

Comment

Yes but if I’m passing someone and the person behind me is tailgating, they are getting a break check.

Sent from my iPhone without Spell Check
            I saw a car with this bumper sticker yesterday. Then I went searching the interwebz for a pic and found an even funnier version. This is when a "brake check" becomes a "break check."

Comment

Nothing wrong with a little brake check. I typically.just engage enough to get the brake lights to come on the first time.or two. Most will typically back off. I have however done a few good hard checks in the past.
              Deer ran out in front of me type thing. Had a car load of fellas so scared one time I slowed to 35 and waved them past and they still didn't get with in 50 yards of me. If your so close to me I can't see the front bumper of your vehicle I'm going to give you ample warning to back off but will likely brake for that deer.

Comment

My God, people. The only person you are in control of is yourself. If someone is tailgating me, then I’ll move to the right for them to go around. If there’s a car next to me preventing me from switching lanes, then I’ll speed up a little to go around. I have my baby daughter and wife in the car with me, and I don’t plan on risking their lives for my ego. Stop recommending brake checking. It’s like listening to my middle school students. I thought this was a website for grown adults.

Comment

opinions are like buttholes. We all have one. LOL

Comment

This is one of those threads I passed over 3 or 4 times cause I knew what it was about and had no real reason to read it. Then a day or so later I'm thinking why is this still 'a thing' so I open it. Didn't take long to figure out why.

carry on ladies

Comment

If im not passing i get in the right lane. Why drive the speed limit in the left lane? You know there are going to be people driving faster so get over. Its not your job to enforce the laws. If you are that petty call cops and report the speeding and pray to God they get a ticket and learn their lesson.

Life would be easier if people wouldnt be all self righteous and use their car as a weapon and instead use common sense. Which is dont drive in the passing lane. If someone going 80 has someone going 90 then get over and let them by. Cops will get them and we dont know the other cars situation

Comment

You cannot control what others do. If they are being stupid, you don't have to respond with stupid. Just get out of the way and let them continue being stupid. No need to put yourself at risk making some sort of "statement" that is not going to change their behavior. It is really pointless to get worked up over things that you have no control over.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                          To expand. What gets me, is on I-10 heading east on a long weekend when the traffic is awful.

And people get in the right lane to pass people in the left, that are generally already speeding. So then people in the left start tailgating each other to keep people from cutting them off from the right lane. I am guilty of it and would say that most go about the same speed and it works for the most part. The system starts breaking down when people start braking for no reason.

I also cant stand when traffic backs up just after Sealy by the Brazos.

Every Freaking Time

Comment

I see you haven't been around long... not many adults left on here
                            Originally posted by shea.mcphail View Post
                            My God, people. The only person you are in control of is yourself. If someone is tailgating me, then I’ll move to the right for them to go around. If there’s a car next to me preventing me from switching lanes, then I’ll speed up a little to go around. I have my baby daughter and wife in the car with me, and I don’t plan on risking their lives for my ego. Stop recommending brake checking. It’s like listening to my middle school students. I thought this was a website for grown adults.
                            Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Regarding the traffic by the Brazos.

I want to say (if anyone has a better guess let me know) that is from people letting off of the gas pedal so that they can look at the mighty Brazos river as they pass over it, maybe slightly breaking. Just that in of itself absolutely jacks up the traffic. Usually it leads to about a 15 car pile up, lanes shut down, wreckers in the median, me driving the feeder road by Kathys until it runs out, and atleast a 30 minute delay in getting home.

So yea, the accordion effect is real. And braking on a freeway doesnt always lead to a positive outcome for everybody.

Comment

All of you need to ride bikes. The end.

Comment

Working...
                                X