Another new bow thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new bow thread!

I’m in the market for a new bow. Been shooting my Bowtech Guardian since 2007. It’s been a great bow but I have the itch for something new! I’ve only owned Bowtech but I am open to other manufacturers. I’m partial to the big three (IMO) Bowtech, Hoyt and Matthews. Just wanting to get some opinions on new equipment out there.

And I’m new to the Austin area (Burnet, Liberty Hill) any good archery shops?

Those 3 are good, but go shoot a new Obsession. See what you think. I was a longtime Mathews homer until I got talked into an OB. Haven’t looked back. The Fixation XP is really tempting me! Good luck. The bow will pick you regardless.

Comment

Shoot all the different makes and models that you can, all set up the same if possible and let the bow pick you. Only right way to do it. It may take time, but it can be done and you will be happy in the end.

I second the Obsession bows.

Comment

I’m the same as the mdnabors. Shot a Mathews for years until I picked up an Obsession and never looked back. IMO Good luck to you

Comment

I'll agree with the above, shoot all the different bows you can, not just the primaries. You might be surprised what you find. I shoot a G5 for my compound, and have for 3 years now. It just feels great in my hand. Keep shooting them until you pick one up that you can't put down.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I’m gonna have to spend a full day just shooting and find out what I like!

Suggestions for good bow shops North Austin area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree with the others. Shoot as many different ones as you can and let the bow pick you. My last bow purchase literally came down to me shooting 3 different brands( Hoyt, Mathews and Strother) with my eyes closed . The guy at the shop handed me all three bows and 4 rounds in a row I came up with the same bow as the winner (Strother) and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by bag89tx View Post
                I’m in the market for a new bow. Been shooting my Bowtech Guardian since 2007. It’s been a great bow but I have the itch for something new! I’ve only owned Bowtech but I am open to other manufacturers. I’m partial to the big three (IMO) Bowtech, Hoyt and Matthews. Just wanting to get some opinions on new equipment out there.

And I’m new to the Austin area (Burnet, Liberty Hill) any good archery shops?

Welcome to the area. Go see Aaron at Hoffeys archery in Lampasas they have several brands of bows to choose from but don't think they carry Hoyts.

Comment

Hoffeys as stated above. Archery Country in ATX off of 183 close to Lamar and Double G in Georgetown. Also Nocked and Loaded in Killeen but I don't know if it is a good shop or not. Go shoot some bows!

Comment

If you shoot an Obsession, don't be afraid to shoot their mid-level bow(Turmoil) I finally got to shoot one today, and for the price tag, I don't know if you can beat them. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to end up going with. Nice draw cycle, very little hand shock and jump after the shot on a naked bow. A stabilizer should fix that pretty nicely.

Comment

I like the new Mathews Triax. Short Axle to Axle, but truly dead in the hand at release, smooth draw cycle, and extremely quiet. There are alot of great bows and mfgs out there today. Try as many as possible.

Comment

Prime

Comment

Hoffys in Lampasas.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                            Hoffys in Lampasas.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X