No announcement yet.

where were you 15 years ago today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had been drawn for a hunt on the Chap and staying in a tent at the time. Didn't know a thing about it until we left the next day and stopped in Cotulla for lunch.

Comment

Was at home, and heard what sounded like an extended sonic boom... Bunch of debris fell around on my father-in-law's place in Nacogdoches county... Him, my BIL and wife's cousins joined search crews for something like 2 weeks... Friend of mine was on Toledo Bend when stuff started hitting the water nearby... Said it was the scariest thing he'd ever been through...

Comment

Outside running electricity underground out to my arena. I heard the boom, but never looked up.

Comment

Challenger - high school chemistry class
          Columbia - on my way to IBO Winter Nationals in Gatesville - it went over us.

Comment

I was standing in my front yard getting ready to cut down a dead tree when I heard a slight BOOM. I looked up and saw the vapor trail. A little while later my wife - who was watching the news - came out and told me what happened.

Comment

Live in Nacogdoches and happened to be at home. Heard the noise and the house actually shook a little. Didn't know what had happened until a friend called and told me.

Comment

Fishing lake Nac, just past the power lines. It was cold and my dad was sitting in the back of the boat drinking coffee while me and the other guy fished up front. I remember dad seeing it first and getting our attention. Seems like it was past us before we started hearing the booms. Freaked us out a little, then debris started falling. Buddy finally got ahold of his wife and she let us know what happened. Most of the debris we saw was pcs of tiles that were floating around the lake the rest of the day, kind of wish we would have picked some up but we didn't. Had one pc that was about the size of a sheet of plywood that came down within 100 yards of us and sank. I assume they pulled it out of the lake because in 2011 during the drought it would have been on dry land based on how low the lake got and I never saw when I was out there fishing. Shortly after we found out what it was we had ran over to yellow bank and there was an old man in a flat bottom that was freaked out. He hadn't seen it just heard the boom and then all of the debris was hitting in the water and woods around him.

Comment

in Tyler laid up in the bed with the flu. I remember my windows rattling and wondering what was going on. That was the last time I had the flu until this year.

Comment

Having relations with my high school English teacher.

Comment

Driving to Lake Ray Hubbard to do some crappie fishing. Remember the news coming across the radio

Comment

I was out in the pasture planting pine trees. The local radio station was telling everyone to look to the sky, the shuttle was about to fly over. I stood around looking for it and never saw anything until I heard a boom and looked up and saw the vapor trail. Wasn't long after the explosion I saw 2 different fighter jets flying tree top high over my place looking for the wreckage.

Comment

Ft Worth Dr & 35 in Denton. Heard it on the radio.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am pretty sure I was asleep. Wasn't it like 8am or so on a Saturday morning?

Comment

Had stepped outside to feed the dogs. Beautiful morning, then I heard it.

Comment

I was headed to Ardmore OK. I was adding on to the Michelin plant.

Comment

Working...
                                X