Age and score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age and score

Well got pics of this new buck not sure how old his tounge hangs out kinda skinny and his back leg looks swollen as you can see in 2nd pic so I'm not sure thanks for any thoughts, trying to decide if I should swack him if I get opportunity. Thanks
    Attached Files

If it wasn't for the injury I would say 3.5, but he could be rundown from fighting and the injury. I would ground check him for score. May not make it through the year.

Comment

3.5 and around 130. I would pass and hope he makes it. Looks like his back leg is broke so his antlers will probably be affected next year but I think he'll make it.

Comment

I want to say 3.5 but he could be older and run down but i think he might be close to 140

Comment

This is first time seeing him he was with another buck that has his some antler damage brow tine and g3 missing, I hope he makes it he is a good looking buck

Comment

not worried about the leg but the tongue really has me concerned! i would shoot or im afraidnyou will find him dead anyway.

Comment

Could it be possible he was running a doe Maybe and just got wore out.

Comment

Is that his tongue or his lower lip that got ripped off the bone maybe? Either way, tough one to age for me I think because I tend to think he is run down from the rut. Maybe 4.5? He’s not fully mature yet I don’t think though. Nice buck

Comment

I had a buck like that 3 yrs ago every pic I got of him his tongue was hanging out. When he picked up corn he would hold head straight up in air to get it to the back of his mouth. I finally shot him and he had a broken front jaw but health looking deer.

Comment

I don't know anything about this buck he came in on a trail with 2 other bucks the other two I have pics of but not of this one I guess if I see him in daylight I'll know for sure weather to drop him or walk him

Comment

If you see him live it'll be easier to assess how badly he's injured. Based on pics I'd say take him out or he may not survive to next season.

Comment

Sad because I don't think he makes it. Body already showing the damage and will only get worse.

No older then 4.5 but I would say 3.5 and 135-139

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about ground checking him once I see him I would love to see him reach 6 or 7 but idk if he will make it

Comment

That deer could be 3.5 or 5.5. Without pics from previous years or before the rut, it's really no way of knowing for sure this time of year. Had a 5 year old 8 just the other day 20 yards from me that I would of thought was 3 if I didn't have previous pics of him. meanwhile a 3 year old in perfect condition is pushing him around

Comment

Thanks for all the info

Comment

Working...
                              X