2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
    Thanks Shane. Did everyone wade or did y’all mainly fish from the boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A little of both. We all did wade a few times.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
      Man, where to start! Just got back from two weeks on SPI. Spent the first week on the beach and the second week fishing...on our new Shallow Sport. Founds some fish, explored a bunch, showed the kids a family friends fishing cabin. Hit the rigs in Federal water Sunday in my BIL’s Dargel Skout. Had a MONSTER king circling our boat for thirty minutes at the rigs. We threw everything we could at him and no bite.

That's good livin right there! Love the color on your boat...good choice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know where to pick up some Vudu’s between Brenham and Bay City?

Comment

Ran down to Surfside this AM. Water was a little rougher than I liked it so i went & waded the West Galveston bay shoreline. Great water ,tide movement & bait, just no active fish. Caught 1 throwback red & a flounder. Did not see another fish caught. Live baiters having no luck. I didn't see any bent rods along the beachfront going to galveston. Drove back down the beach to see if anything was going on while heading home. Drove from access 5 to 3. Saw 1 hookup & think he had bait. There was a bucket next to him. Beach was loaded with fishermen. Talked to 3 other guys & between them they had 1 fish. These were 3 different people down the beach, not all at one place. Tough morning it looks like. If you are wanting bait, better get down REAL early. I went through at 5:35 & all camps along 332 were out . People driving back & forth looking. 1 camp had some croakers & mullet when I was coming home about 10:30. Here is a guy that had a bad one earlier in the week. Saw this tues & it is still there. So if you think your fishing trip was bad, this is probably worse. LOL!!

Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-08-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
            Anyone know where to pick up some Vudu’s between Brenham and Bay City?

Academy usually has them.

Comment

Yeah. I don’t think there are any academy stores along my drive.

Comment

Yeah sorry I just realized that. Bay City might be best bet. Maybe Panhandle will chime in?

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Ran down to Surfside this AM. Water was a little rougher than I liked it so i went & waded the West Galveston bay shoreline. Great water ,tide movement & bait, just no active fish. Caught 1 throwback red & a flounder. Did not see another fish caught. Live baiters having no luck. I didn't see any bent rods along the beachfront going to galveston. Drove back down the beach to see if anything was going on while heading home. Drove from access 5 to 3. Saw 1 hookup & think he had bait. There was a bucket next to him. Beach was loaded with fishermen. Talked to 3 other guys & between them they had 1 fish. These were 3 different people down the beach, not all at one place. Tough morning it looks like. If you are wanting bait, better get down REAL early. I went through at 5:35 & all camps along 332 were out . People driving back & forth looking. 1 camp had some croakers & mullet when I was coming home about 10:30. Here is a guy that had a bad one earlier in the week. Saw this tues & it is still there. So if you think your fishing trip was bad, this is probably worse. LOL!!

Saw that guy down there Monday. Lol

Comment

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Your best bet is probably Matagorda Outfitters, the harbor store or Stanley’s in Matagorda. Maybe Wal-Mart in Bay City. I carried them but we closed our store down. DOA shrimp probably works a little better especially under a cork.

Comment

No doubt he is stuck but I’m surprised he couldn’t pull him self out.
                      Great photos. I sure am jealous of you guys that are close to the salt.

Comment

I seen that hoe the other day and thought rookie operator

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          It was ruff from the boat today as well. Tried the Galveston jetties, beachfront and multiple spots in the bay and not even a bite. 3 times on the beach front I had so much bait popping around me it was hitting the boat and still nothing! So frustrating, but the water and weather was beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I seen that hoe the other day and thought rookie operator

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Woke up in the morning with a 1 ton hoe!

Comment

@coastalducks
                              Glenn sent you a PM, I’ve got a cousin wanting to book a trip.

Comment

Anyone know where to find these latches?

Comment

Working...
                                X