• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    The chiggers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

They are like a mosquito, they don't hang around.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        If they kept biting you, you didn't get them off your body. That's what the clorox bath is good for. I might have misunderstood your intent....lots of folks think they burrow into your skin. They don't. That's not an old wives tale, it's fake news.
        Yes sir, I'll agree totally with that![emoji1] We're on the same page, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Lol, I feel like you're trying to tell me something.

Comment

Chiggers suck!!! I itch for about a week when I get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the way they leave a welt for their size, I am glad they are not the size of mosquitos.

Permethrin works, so does Sulphur.

Of course there Is something to be said for checking your girlfriend for chiggers.

Comment

Lol, I feel like you're trying to tell me something.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  That thing looks monstrous, and hideous! I bet the size of that thing can eat a man in a days time! No wait, maybe a couple hours.

Comment

Dang Curt, sorry to hear. I hate those dang critters, they always manage to get me and I spray on tons of OFF Deep Woods. I hope the dove huntin' was good!

Comment

Well, I'm a believer in the old wives tale. I've had em bite me all down my inner thigh and higher, even days after I've been in the weeds. I'll keep taking the bleach baths and supporting the wives tales![emoji6]

Sometimes it takes the bites a couple days to start itching (same thing with poison ivy). I normally dont start itching till the next day and may have bites show up 3-4 days afterwards. They are easily washed off with just a normal shower and regular soap kills them anyway, so unless you are putting the same clothes back on day after day, the chiggers are gone.

Skip the sawyer permethrin and order/buy you a quart of 36.8% and dilute it 70/1 giving you a 0.5% solution. You can get it from amazon, tractor supply, and most feed stores. Cost is about $22 and it'll make over 15 gallons for the price of less than one quart of the sawyer brand. I put it in a spray bottle and use it on my clothes twice a season or more depending on how many times I wash/wear them, use it on the dogs if needed for fleas, and spray it around my garage to kill and repel spiders (works wonders!)

Odorless after drying, Sawyer Permethrin Fabric Treatment can be used to treat a variety of fabrics like clothing, gear, and tents. A successful application of this insect repellent treatment is effective against mosquitoes and ticks for 6 weeks or 6 washes.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!
                      Last edited by fishingsetx; 09-18-2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Listerine I heard will stop the itch
                        Works pretty good. Swab on with a cotton ball.

Comment

I always spray down with deep woods off and never get them.

Comment

I load up on that cheap Cutter spray when HEB has the $2 off coupon which makes it $1. I bought 20 cans 3 months ago and am down to 3-4 cans already.

Comment

Gorilla tape around pants tight to boots and then spray with Cutter. I hate them and never get them anymore. I do this every time I work outside or go dove hunting. I think once first freeze you are good for the year

Comment

I dislike these little buggers as well!!! Seem to be worse this year, weather conditions.?

Just think if fire ants and these bastages were the size of jack russell terriers............Folks
                                we'd be in some deep caca!!

Comment

Working...
                                X