Shed Thread 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    That is cool! What is that you stretched across the panels? It's too pixelated on my phone to tell for sure.
    They are bungie cords. so when they are going after the corn it pushes against the antlers. If they are ready to drop is SHOULD push them off.

No luck so far. The redbirds love it though.

Comment

I was on doe patrol last weekend (MLD) cruising and pulled the gun out on a doe at 80 yds. Once I had her in the scope, I noticed it had a blocky head and was in poor condition as I could see hip bones sticking out. Luckily, it quickly occurred to me that it was mature buck that had already shed before I almost pulled the trigger. Obviously, this buck's body condition was the factor but it is way early for us down south to see that. I usually don't start shed hunting until the 3rd week in March at earliest.

Comment

Nice pictures!

Comment

Checked cameras at my ranch in Hunt County. All our bucks are still carrying their antlers. Cant wait for them to start dropping.

Comment

We spent a few hours in the woods today, but came up empty handed.

Comment

Originally posted by TCarmichael View Post
              They are bungie cords. so when they are going after the corn it pushes against the antlers. If they are ready to drop is SHOULD push them off.

No luck so far. The redbirds love it though.
              Awesome. Thank you!!

Comment

Just got a report from my dad today that one buck we had on the place that was injured may have shed his antlers. He just caught a quick glimpse of him and said if it was then he had dropped them. This is in Red River County.

Is it normal for them to drop early if they have a serious injury ??

Comment

Saw 3 bucks all with racks running together on the side of I35 in Buda

Comment

Still holding on here in San Marcos. Saw about 6 other bucks in the last week that have both sides still too.

Comment

You guys are making me jealous with all this shed talk..we are probably a month away.

Comment

About 50% of our bucks have shed both antlers or have only one left on. We found 8 sheds this past weekend in Rusk county.

Comment

Originally posted by RackstackerG5 View Post
                          Is it normal for them to drop early if they have a serious injury ??
                          In my experience sick or wounded yes. The buck my wife wounded in bow season dropped his a few weeks ago.

Comment

Found em

I guess this is THE Shed thread so...found my first ones Sunday...some from the buck we call "Whopper". Scored them with a 22" spread (from looking at TC pics) and should come out around 181 and some change maybe a little bigger as I went conservative.
                            Attached Files

Comment

His left one was chewed on a bit and I didn't count for the 1-2 inches of spilt brow chewed off

Comment

Originally posted by westexasagent View Post
                                I guess this is THE Shed thread so...found my first ones Sunday...some from the buck we call "Whopper". Scored them with a 22" spread (from looking at TC pics) and should come out around 181 and some change maybe a little bigger as I went conservative.
                                Heck of a deer. I knew that deer would sneak in to the 80s. Congrats on finding both sides. That is an awesome buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X