Bulldog UTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulldog UTV?

Anyone on here with any experience with these side by sides?

I've always had Honda 3 or 4 wheelers or Toyota r22 or Japanese mini truck or samurai

I'm not trying to be cheap on my purchase, just In my opinion these major name brand side by sides are getting ridiculous in price for my application. $14-20k for filling feeders and riding on 8-10ft wide well maintained senderos is an insane overkill to say the least.

Like you, I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a $12k utv. I do not have experience with the bulldog utv but did purchase a Bush Hog UTV about 7 years ago and it has not let me down yet. If you do your homework and look at all of the features and extras you are getting I don't think you will be disappointed. I knew when I bought the Bush Hog I wasn't getting a 60 mph ride and knew all I would be doing with it would be travelling too and from deer stands and feeders. Unfortunately they quit making them as I would buy another, it has a heavy duty frame and welded in diamond plate flooring with a 650 Honda air cooled engine governed to 25 mph. Hasn't gotten stuck at the lease yet and I travel the same trails my buddies go in their rangers. I have been looking at picking up a 2nd UTV and I really like the Massimo at tractor supply. Comes with a roof, windshield, winch and 26" tires, it's a Rhino knockoff so most Rhino parts will likely interchange. Think they are under 8K I also saw a similar Setup for sale at Walmart in Cleveland a few months back put out by Coleman.

Comment

I would buy a older model tacoma with a/c and heat. I turned my 06 4 door chevy 4x4 into my ranch truck. I stay dry and warm and it goes everywhere a UTV will go on our ranch.

BTW, my dad had a knockoff rhino and they have hisung engines in them and it was always broke down. It was hard to find parts and people to work on it.

Comment

I have the Kawasakii Mule, I use at my house and at my lease. It is ugly, slow and rough riding, but has never let me down. Bought new for way less than 12k. I researched the China made clones for a long time, too iffy. Finally a mechanic who works on all brands, says go with the Kawasaki.

Comment

You can get a Bull Dog at Home Depot in Conroe

Subaru Engine

This is the web site.

Comment

I bought my mule for $ 8K...out the door. Best decision I've made in a while.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	mule.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	24388674

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              I bought my mule for $ 8K...out the door. Best decision I've made in a while.
              [ATTACH]723925[/ATTACH]
              I have that exact same model 610 xc in Camo and absolutely love it. I have had mine for about 2 1/2 years and zero issues.

Comment

Yea I've considered getting another Suzuki carry ( jap mini truck ) I just wish they had a stronger/better front suspension

Comment

I'm probably going to buy the honda pioneer 1000 once it comes out. I've been saving my penny's the last few months for one. A Toyota sounds appealing but I like riding on an ATV and it's easier to get out and open gates.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    I'm probably going to buy the honda pioneer 1000 once it comes out. I've been saving my penny's the last few months for one. A Toyota sounds appealing but I like riding on an ATV and it's easier to get out and open gates.
                    X2, but it is going to be costly

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                      X2, but it is going to be costly

Yes it is. The thing that sucks is I just bought two new vehicles in the last 12 months after not having a payment for 15 months.

Comment

Yes it is. The thing that sucks is I just bought two new vehicles in the last 12 months after not having a payment for 15 months.
                        You will be OK, just cut back on the T-shirts and Tennis shoes.

Comment

That's what they make bump gates for; or just Take the doors off the Toy!

Comment

I will also be buying the new honda pioneer 1000. I currently have a honda big red 700 and LOVE it for what it is......cant wait for the 1000

Comment

My father-in-law bought a 400 cc Bull Dog 2WD last year. It has a Honda engine (not a clone) in it and it runs great. My wife and I used it to unload some top soil and run it into our back yard. We have a VERY steep driveway and it had no problems running ten 40 pound bags of top soil, three 30 pound bags of peet, my wife and I in it. It never spun a tire, it did not bog down, and it is narrow enough to go through our gate in the fence.

I'm impressed with the ground clearance with 25" tires stock and it has plenty of power.

We found the voltage dropped a lot if you run the headlights, so I swapped the lights out for LED lights that have more useable light.

I think my in-laws paid about $5k for thiers, brand new.

Comment

Working...
                              X