Skeeter's , Skeeter foggers and deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skeeter's , Skeeter foggers and deer.

Would it do any good to take a fogger out before the hunt and fog around your stand? Would it kill enough of them to do any good. Would the smell bother the deer.
    Not sure how well the thermacell is going to work this year , the Skeeter's are as bad as I've ever seen them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Following this thread for help. I can't put on enough spray to even fill a feeder. I feel sorry for the deer that can't get away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unless you spray a very large area its not going to make much of a difference. Individual mosquitos can travel for miles. The sprays do have an odor, although it isn't very distinct to a human nose - I have no idea if it would bother deer, but I would assume any new smell would.

You best bet is either a Thermacell or OFF. I used to work for a mosquito control company, and after everything I've seen those are the only truly reliable methods.

Comment

Thermacell!

Comment

Or just pray the temp gets below the low 50s

Comment

I had a thermacell on and went through a whole can of off and I still got it up this weekend

Comment

I'm hunting in E TX for opening day of archery season - I treated my pants, long sleeve shirt and gloves with permethrin and I'm bringing a boonie hat with a mosquito net for the face on it. Really might be the only thing that works outside of a bee suit

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                I'm hunting in E TX for opening day of archery season - I treated my pants, long sleeve shirt and gloves with permethrin and I'm bringing a boonie hat with a mosquito net for the face on it. Really might be the only thing that works outside of a bee suit
                I tried that ONCE... Sure was glad I stuck a can of OFF in my hunting vest... it was opening day of Teal Season and I was in a rice field... That Sawyer's permethrin works for ticks and chiggers, but it don't do squat for skeeters!

I'll be using a Thermocell or maybe 2 (one on each side of me) and wearing a leafy wear suit over my shorts/t-shirt... The boonie hat and mask works good too for the face/neck area.

Comment

I think I'm going in with two thermocells and some deep woods off. I will get in my pop up as fast as I can and zip the door shut.

Comment

Set some citronella candles out. Works great and deer are attracted to them.

Comment

Perhaps they sell them in camo?

Comment

Probably going to have to buy a Hec suit so they won't know you are even outside. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Set some citronella candles out. Works great and deer are attracted to them.
                          I hear you can set blinking lights out and that will bring them in to[emoji1] [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                            I hear you can set blinking lights out and that will bring them in to[emoji1] [emoji106]

Yea, especially little bitty yeller ones the shape of corn kernels...

Comment

Check out this site for the garlic juice for a mosquito barrier. I wonder if rubbing yourself down with a couple fresh garlic cloves. This stuff works in yards and I do not see why it wouldn't work in the field. Just curious about the affect on a deer's nose.
                              A garlic-based natural mosquito repellent and tick repellent for effective mosquito control.

Comment

Working...
                              X