Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.6 magnitude earthquake hits Anchorage

6.6 magnitude earthquake hits Anchorage, tsunami warning issued

A 6.6 magnitude earthquake has rocked buildings in Anchorage and caused lamp posts and trees to sway, prompting people to run out of offices and seek shelter under office desks.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the earthquake Friday morning was centered about 7 miles (12 kilometers) north of Alaska's largest city.

An Associated Press reporter working in downtown Anchorage saw cracks in a 2-storey building after the quake. It was unclear whether there were injuries.

People went back inside buildings after the earthquake but a smaller aftershock a short time later sent them running back into the streets again...........
    Back-to-back earthquakes measuring 7.0 and 5.7 rocked buildings and shattered roads Friday morning in Anchorage, Alaska.

Holy ****... That's no joke. Prayers for a safe outcome

Comment

Pretty wild stuff. Hope everyone’s ok

Comment

Seriously rough.......prayers up!!!![emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Why was it important that they were Lawyers? I was getting ready for a punch line.

Comment

Got a buddy up there that’s a guide. He mentioned it a few minutes ago. Crazy

Comment

My buddy just texted. He's at the Anchorage airport

Comment

Upgraded to a 7.0, centered 7 miles north of Anchorage. I have a friend that lives there and took some serious damage to their house.

Comment

A friend of mine just moved up there a few months ago. My wife talked to his wife immediately following the quake, she said that everything in their house is jacked up. Knocked over all the shelves, walls are now barren of any decor, it's all laying on the floor. I'm waiting to hear about the structural damage from him

Comment

My son and his mom live right outside of Anchorage. Freaked me out. They got a pretty big shaking and broke some stuff. Lost power, but everyone is ok.

Comment

Daughter said it rocked All of the water out of her toilets.

Comment

My aunt is there working for BP and she was pretty freaked out about it. She was extremely concerned about the tsunami warning but the news says it was lifted. I had no idea that Alaska was a hotbed for quakes.

Comment

In 1964 my dads uncle had the only mattress factory in Alaska located in Anchorage. When the 9.2 mega quake hit the back wall of the business fell off and he and his wife escaped through the opening only to be knocked to the ground rolling around as cracks opened up around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                            In 1964 my dads uncle had the only mattress factory in Alaska located in Anchorage. When the 9.2 mega quake hit the back wall of the business fell off and he and his wife escaped through the opening only to be knocked to the ground rolling around as cracks opened up around them.
                            Sounds frightening

Comment

Buddy and his family lives 15miles north of there. They were in lower 48. House is still standing for now according to neighbors but inside looks like like nothing on walls and everything turned over. Roads to house jacked up. They are extending their trip and not sure when they will be able to return. Praying for all those affected and first responders . Coach

Comment

Working...
                              X