Gamo Airguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamo Airguns

Just got a Gamo Whisper Fusion Elite. 22 and shot it this morning. Holy crap they have come a LONG ways since the 10 pump pellet gun I shot as a kid.

This thing FLIES, 975fps is hauling! I mean shoot, a regular .22LR is around 1200fps with a 40gr bullet.

What all have yall shot with these things? I know it will take squirrels out with no problem!
    Attached Files

How quiet is it?

Comment

good thread. i have a gamo that won't do anything at the moment. anyone in the Austin area know anything about these guns that can fix it?

Comment

Killed a jackrabbit once with the original Gamo Whisper in .177 caliber.

What ALL have I killed with a pellet gun?......I'd crash this forum if I even knew the answer to that question.
        Last edited by okrattler; 11-08-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I'm curious about the maxxim i think it is called. Saw them squirrel hunting on a show with it. 10 shot repeater. You just keep cocking the barrel. Academy has them for $199. I need a semi urban squirrel gun.

I had a gamo hunter 890 when I was in junior high and on. It shot .177 at 1000 fps and I did a lot of killing with that thing out to 60 yards. It was a big upgrade from my powerline 880.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            How quiet is it?
            Um I mean its not like a regular .22 but I thought it would be a little more quiet. I guess it has to makes some noise to sling the pellet that dang fast.

I will try to video it next time I play with it.

Comment

Love mine

Comment

Don't limit your thinking to small game. Popped this dude a couple of years ago with my Benjamin 22 cal air rifle. He was facing me and I put it through his eye and into the 'think tank'.
                Attached Files

Comment

I've got one just like the one in the pic, it's pretty quiet but not quiet enough for me to take to the deer stand with me. I've shot birds and rabbits with mine. The first time I shot it, the pellet went through my 3/8" sheet of plywood and my wood fence! I had to get thicker boards for target practice.

Comment

Awesome shot!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                      Don't limit your thinking to small game. Popped this dude a couple of years ago with my Benjamin 22 cal air rifle. He was facing me and I put it through his eye and into the 'think tank'.
                      Heck yeah, I will try to eye or ear hole a pig for sure!!!!!!!!

Badarse!

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
                        I've got one just like the one in the pic, it's pretty quiet but not quiet enough for me to take to the deer stand with me. I've shot birds and rabbits with mine. The first time I shot it, the pellet went through my 3/8" sheet of plywood and my wood fence! I had to get thicker boards for target practice.
                        Oh I believe it!

Comment

I've had a gamo whisper for about 8 years that I customized with a feather trigger, gas piston (instead of spring), nice scope set up, and sling. Research the best hunting pellets, I found a good pellet makes a difference. Only regret is that I got the .177 caliber, wish I would have gotten the .22.

Comment

Originally posted by GWilly View Post
                            I've had a gamo whisper for about 8 years that I customized with a feather trigger, gas piston (instead of spring), nice scope set up, and sling. Research the best hunting pellets, I found a good pellet makes a difference. Only regret is that I got the .177 caliber, wish I would have gotten the .22.
                            Why do you regret that? Think the heavier pellet is just better? I always leaned towards the .177 penetrating better due to it's smaller hole. I have no first hand experience with a .22 caliber pellet gun.

Comment

I have the Whisper also, it is alot of fun around camp. The kids liek to run around with it too, gives them good shooting practice. I had the .22 and the .177 I like the .177 more because it is much faster and IMO more accurate.

I have just killed the usual suspects, birds, rabbits, squirrels. I shot a opossum but it ran off.

Comment

Working...
                              X