Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
Medina19
Eight Point

Angry Be Careful out there

Had our 4 wheeler stolen today as we were trying to sell it in broad daylight. Should have known better as it was a rough part of town by grimes park on reed rd. Not trying to knock the cops but the HPD we dealt with today was absolutely worthless.
Medina19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
Jmsck12
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County

Curious as to how it all went down? Glad you are safe though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jmsck12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
Medina19
Eight Point

Well we just purchased a used ranger so we had no need for the ATV anymore. We still are paying on it so we decided to sell it pay off the Loan and so be it. Well my wife used the app OfferUp to sell it and we got a few responses and we had one for our exact price so a few days went by of messages back and forth we set for today at 12 at the park. Well we get there waited bout 15 minutes he walks up. Black male bout early 20s walks up on the phone . Original deal was he was gonna pay full price but grandma and mom were splitting it for a gift and they were almost there. So he walks around it I turn it on for him at this point it's still on the trailer then he asks to test drive it. I had my doubts but iv done these kind of deals before and almost always they want to test drive before they pay which is understandable. But that was my mistake was trusting him needless to say he drove it around the parking lot then bolted and took one of the streets and never saw him look back
Old 08-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #4
TX Outlaw
Ten Point

No test drives without cash in hand . Sadly this happens often. And always have some else with you to count the money.
TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina19 View Post
Well we just purchased a used ranger so we had no need for the ATV anymore. We still are paying on it so we decided to sell it pay off the Loan and so be it. Well my wife used the app OfferUp to sell it and we got a few responses and we had one for our exact price so a few days went by of messages back and forth we set for today at 12 at the park. Well we get there waited bout 15 minutes he walks up. Black male bout early 20s walks up on the phone . Original deal was he was gonna pay full price but grandma and mom were splitting it for a gift and they were almost there. So he walks around it I turn it on for him at this point it's still on the trailer then he asks to test drive it. I had my doubts but iv done these kind of deals before and almost always they want to test drive before they pay which is understandable. But that was my mistake was trusting him needless to say he drove it around the parking lot then bolted and took one of the streets and never saw him look back
Lmao!, but it ain't funny !!! That's pretty bold, but not surprising
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #6
Medina19
Eight Point

Well really couldn't do much in this situation had a trailer with a welder also on it with my wife and baby in the truck kind of a crappy situation all around
Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #7
Stuck
Ten Point

Have to have his contact information, email, phone #, why would the police not use that to find him?
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #8
TX Outlaw
Ten Point

Do you live by the area if so go by the warehouses on reed road and 288 on Sunday or Wednesday night they usually hang out there . There's a big ride coming up if you post pics of the 4 wheeler I can look out for it .
Old 08-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #9
Medina19
Eight Point

Well with the app it has it's on messenger inside the app so we really had no info other than his screen name and the few messages but my problem was they told me they couldn't do anything unless they had a serial number make and model in hand so we spent an extra 30 minutes that is valuable time if something is just stolen to wait to get them that info
Old 08-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #10
MasonCo.
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason

I don't even know what to say... smh.
MasonCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:15 PM   #11
MasonCo.
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason

And they wonder why...
MasonCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #12
eliteweldingco
Ten Point

Hunt In: grayson

That's crazy!
eliteweldingco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #13
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Reed rd? Glad youre still alive. Police dont have a magic tracking device unless you have lo-jack. Theres not enough officers for robberies, rapes, child abuse. Much less thefts. Blame the budget.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:19 PM   #14
trophyhunter01
Eight Point

Hunt In: In a tree

Put your ranger up for sale the same way and $20 the DA will call and want to buy that one to meet him at the park with the dog in the truck if he is walking cant be to far, would be fun to watch
trophyhunter01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:20 PM   #15
Medina19
Eight Point

Mud bug tires and the toggle switch on the right side that no other brute force will have because I added that switch for underglow lights

Old 08-10-2017, 10:22 PM   #16
Medina19
Eight Point

My problem with the cops was the lack of give a *****. We walked in there was all of one cop and like I said he needed all this info before he got in his patrol car
Old 08-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #17
Medina19
Eight Point

And speaker box was just taken off the 4 wheeler
Old 08-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #18
TX Outlaw
Ten Point

Are those wheels and tires still the same ?
Old 08-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #19
Medina19
Eight Point

Yea the same

Old 08-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #20
pilar
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and la pryer , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton
Angry Yep old trick new dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
It is a sad state of affairs, and the cops don't have the resources to handle this stuff
Same thing happened to my father in law but it was his harly Davison mc , hopped on for a test drive and it was gone but he did have insurance
Kinda sad and funny all rolled up and the cops didn't do anything and that was 20 years ago

Last edited by pilar; 08-10-2017 at 10:56 PM..
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #21
Medina19
Eight Point

Yea it's one of them things were you just say really and learn and never do that again
Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #22
IowaHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: IA + MA

Set up a sting with a dummy rig sort of close to the same area. Catch him on the second rodeo.
IowaHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #23
BaconIsMyFriend
Eight Point

Sorry this happened. Hope you get it back and in good shape. Makes a person wonder how many other people he and his group have done this or similar things to.

I used to mostly meet up in front of a police station. But it didn't solve everything. I'm a big guy and it scares some people. But then the police see us on camera out front and have to suspect we may be up to no good. I don't know where is best anymore.
BaconIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #24
Medina19
Eight Point

Yea I hope so to we honesty should have met where we live police are way better staffed but at this point it makes no difference

Old 08-10-2017, 11:11 PM   #25
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

One of my buddies had two four wheelers stole in the middle of the day a few years back. He was on his way back to the house,stopped at a stop sign and saw his four wheelers go by on a trailer. He chased the guys down and head butted the window trying to break it. They called the cops....

Sorry that happened to you. Ain't much worse than a thief.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:17 PM   #26
junkmanhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Childress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
Kind of what I was thinking. Pretty dang gutsy of the thief
junkmanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #27
Efren
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere I can

Dang, that suxs
Efren is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:48 PM   #28
Williams4298
Eight Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Quanah, Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
One of my buddies had two four wheelers stole in the middle of the day a few years back. He was on his way back to the house,stopped at a stop sign and saw his four wheelers go by on a trailer. He chased the guys down and head butted the window trying to break it. They called the cops....

Sorry that happened to you. Ain't much worse than a thief.
So by the time he stopped at a stop sign and started again they already had his 4 wheelers on another trailer and was passing him?
Williams4298 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #29
McLovin
Spike

Hunt In: Somerville

So you make a deal with a dude that walks up on foot in a scetchy area and let him drive off on your 4-wheeler and you get mad at the cop?
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #30
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by medina19 View Post
well we just purchased a used ranger so we had no need for the atv anymore. We still are paying on it so we decided to sell it pay off the loan and so be it. Well my wife used the app offerup to sell it and we got a few responses and we had one for our exact price so a few days went by of messages back and forth we set for today at 12 at the park. Well we get there waited bout 15 minutes he walks up. Black male bout early 20s walks up on the phone . Original deal was he was gonna pay full price but grandma and mom were splitting it for a gift and they were almost there. So he walks around it i turn it on for him at this point it's still on the trailer then he asks to test drive it. I had my doubts but iv done these kind of deals before and almost always they want to test drive before they pay which is understandable. But that was my mistake was trusting him needless to say he drove it around the parking lot then bolted and took one of the streets and never saw him look back
lmao
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #31
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams4298 View Post
so by the time he stopped at a stop sign and started again they already had his 4 wheelers on another trailer and was passing him?
lmao
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #32
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:

https://goo.gl/images/Ha9J71

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #33
Medina19
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
So you make a deal with a dude that walks up on foot in a scetchy area and let him drive off on your 4-wheeler and you get mad at the cop?

Get mad at the cop for taking his time when the stolen 4 wheeler was just stolen I'm sure there is a golden hour for these things and 30 mins is a long time for a 4 wheeler that tops out at 70

Old 08-10-2017, 11:58 PM   #34
tex4k
Ten Point

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Next time you'll know to take your scoped rifle out of the vehicle then say "test drive"? Sure! As you chamber a round.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:58 PM   #35
Medina19
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex4k View Post
Next time you'll know to take your scoped rifle out of the vehicle then say "test drive"? Sure! As you chamber a round.

Yea no joke

Old 08-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #36
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

How much fuel was in the tank, next time hold his DL if want a test drive. That's ridiculous. Sorry it happened.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #37
Medina19
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoythunter02 View Post
How much fuel was in the tank, next time hold his DL if want a test drive. That's ridiculous. Sorry it happened.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My buddy had just borrowed it to clean up some Stuff around the lease it had a full tank

Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #38
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Kind of what I was thinkin.... always the cops fault. Ya know, gotta have some fat, donut eating, lazy, flat foot, porker to blame it on. It could possibly have to do with the criminal that stole the bike, or the victim of said theft making a poor decision that resulted in the theft of the bike. It was the cop's fault, yeah, that's it! OP, sorry your bike got stolen, but c'mon, man
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 12:10 AM   #39
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams4298 View Post
So by the time he stopped at a stop sign and started again they already had his 4 wheelers on another trailer and was passing him?
Lol that would be tricky. No they were loading them up while he was at work. Well technically I guess they were all at work. He just happened to get off work at the same time they did and caught them.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #40
Medina19
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullersboy View Post
Kind of what I was thinkin.... always the cops fault. Ya know, gotta have some fat, donut eating, lazy, flat foot, porker to blame it on. It could possibly have to do with the criminal that stole the bike, or the victim of said theft making a poor decision that resulted in the theft of the bike. It was the cop's fault, yeah, that's it! OP, sorry your bike got stolen, but c'mon, man

I never stated it was the cops fault? I clearly stated that they were worthless and took there time when the crime was still minutes fresh they needed a vin when it had specific stickers and things on it I explained to them and could spot the guy down to the rose tattoo on his left top hand so that's what I'm upset with not at the fact that it was there fault but thank you for your input

Old 08-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #41
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Utopia & Hallettsville

Quote:
I never stated it was the cops fault? I clearly stated that they were worthless and took there time when the crime was still minutes fresh they needed a vin when it had specific stickers and things on it I explained to them and could spot the guy down to the rose tattoo on his left top hand so that's what I'm upset with not at the fact that it was there fault but thank you for your input

**** straight!

Clear all channels!
Get SWAT involved too!
Hell, might need K9 too!
Helo up & thermals on!

Lets go-go-go-go people....

SMDH....
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 01:06 AM   #42
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

I don't really understand jumping on a guy who is simply venting his frustration. No, it isn't the cops fault that the OP had his rig stolen. But as someone so eloquently stated "cmon"
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #43
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
I don't really understand jumping on a guy who is simply venting his frustration.
Ummmm....maybe because some people are "venting" their frustration of cops being blamed for the stupidity others?

two way street my friend....
Old 08-11-2017, 01:47 AM   #44
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
Ummmm....maybe because some people are "venting" their frustration of cops being blamed for the stupidity others?

two way street my friend....
I'm quite positive that you have never vented incorrectly in a moment of frustration, right? C'mon brother...it's perfectly fine to state that he's incorrect in his vent. But the dogpile mentality that happens often is uncalled for IMO.

But heck, y'all ain't bothering me at all...so carry on
Old 08-11-2017, 01:56 AM   #45
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
I'm quite positive that you have never vented incorrectly in a moment of frustration, right? C'mon brother...it's perfectly fine to state that he's incorrect in his vent. But the dogpile mentality that happens often is uncalled for IMO.

But heck, y'all ain't bothering me at all...so carry on
Sorry, I'll reply to ya later...

But I've got to hurry over to Sunnyside...
Guy from Craigslist said he'll pay me double as advertised for my gold watch if I get there before 3am...

There's a Dunkin Doughnuts down the street, so I should be safe!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #46
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
sorry, i'll reply to ya later...

But i've got to hurry over to sunnyside...
Guy from craigslist said he'll pay me double as advertised for my gold watch if i get there before 3am...

there's a dunkin doughnuts down the street, so i should be safe!
😂
Old 08-11-2017, 06:25 AM   #47
Bruiser
Ten Point

cops are not the problem here
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 06:36 AM   #48
TENRMORE
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere

Dang, that terrible, Hopefully it will turn up.
TENRMORE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #49
El Forajido
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas ✭

Screw the 4 wheele4, I'm glad you and your family are safe. Ain't nothing sunny about Sunnyside, especially where you were at. Jutland rd, Herschelwood st, and Myrtlewood st (aka "Murderwoods") are invested with crime and gangs
El Forajido is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 07:00 AM   #50
smokeless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Sorry for your loss. I really gets to me that when a person vents their frustrations, all the worms come out and start dumping on them. He has just lost something and is pizzed that a police officer didn't give a ratsazzz about trying to find it. OK, it wasn't a murder, shooting , rape, or whatever. The cop is still a public servant on the job. I know how the OP feels. Had my truck stolen and the cop continued to ask me if I had loaned it to someone. I'm standing there, keys in hand, with my family and a cart full of building supplies.. Frustrated, ya dang right.
smokeless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top