Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Default Grand Jury Empanneled In Russia Investigation

Well according to the WSJ, its about to thicken. Meuller just empaneled a Grand jury.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Yep, which means the investigation is complete. And now we get to see what the grand jury thinks and if there is a case or not. Also, it should tell us who is possibly indicted
texasdeerhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Clay C
Ten Point

Meanwhile, people with ability to do something about it have proof that Hillary, as SOS, took money from foreign governments in return for favors. Crickets.............
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

From the WSJ article:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to people familiar with the matter.

The grand jury, which began its work in recent weeks, is a sign that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry is ramping up and that it will likely continue for months. Mr. Mueller is investigating Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 election and whether President Donald Trump’s campaign or associates colluded with the Kremlin as part of that effort.

A spokesman for Mr. Mueller, Joshua Stueve, declined to comment. Moscow has denied seeking to influence the election, and Mr. Trump has vigorously disputed allegations of collusion. The president has called Mr. Mueller’s inquiry a “witch hunt.” Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to people familiar with the matter.

The grand jury, which began its work in recent weeks, is a sign that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry is ramping up and that it will likely continue for months. Mr. Mueller is investigating Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 election and whether President Donald Trump’s campaign or associates colluded with the Kremlin as part of that effort.

A spokesman for Mr. Mueller, Joshua Stueve, declined to comment. Moscow has denied seeking to influence the election, and Mr. Trump has vigorously disputed allegations of collusion. The president has called Mr. Mueller’s inquiry a “witch hunt.”Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to people familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for Mr. Mueller, Joshua Stueve, declined to comment. Moscow has denied seeking to influence the election, and Mr. Trump has vigorously disputed allegations of collusion. The president has called Mr. Mueller’s inquiry a “witch hunt.”

Grand juries are powerful investigative tools that allow prosecutors to subpoena documents, put witnesses under oath and seek indictments, if there is evidence of a crime. Legal experts said that the decision by Mr. Mueller to impanel a grand jury suggests he believes he will need to subpoena records and take testimony from witnesses.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Nothing Burger is finally gonna be served huh?
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post

I dont think so. they will make hamburger out of someone regardless of whether there is any meat now. No way this is going away without an indictment. they may have to charge someone with felony speeding but someone is gonna get charged and have to spend a bunch of time and money fighting it..
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #7
stykshooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas

Following the money, subpoenas issued, my guess it's has some thing to do with Russian dealings
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: \_(ツ)_/

I distinctly recall Vladimir or was it Ivan... telling me who I was going to vote for.

wait... no I don't
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #9
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
I distinctly recall Vladimir or was it Ivan... telling me who I was going to vote for.

wait... no I don't
If they did tell you who, It would probably be the person who sold them Uranium.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #10
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Gonna be interesting either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #11
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
I dont think so. they will make hamburger out of someone regardless of whether there is any meat now. No way this is going away without an indictment. they may have to charge someone with felony speeding but someone is gonna get charged and have to spend a bunch of time and money fighting it..
I believe you are correct. These kinds of large scale, highly politicized grand jury investigations can always find a way to indict somebody for something. If nothing else, after thousands of interviews of hundreds of people they will at least be able to charge somebody with perjury. All it takes is one slip-up, one mis-remembering the details of a story or contradicting previous testimony. They will find a way to indict somebody.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #12
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

They will dig and dig until they have a case against someone .
You put a dozen democrat lawyers in one room they will create something of a case.

I believe it was Scooter Libby who might have some insight on this type thing
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #13
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

How about they all do like the Libs:
say you're innocent
you knew nothing
plead the 5th
It all goes away w/no one charged w/anything!
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #14
boblee
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I believe you are correct. These kinds of large scale, highly politicized grand jury investigations can always find a way to indict somebody for something. If nothing else, after thousands of interviews of hundreds of people they will at least be able to charge somebody with perjury. All it takes is one slip-up, one mis-remembering the details of a story or contradicting previous testimony. They will find a way to indict somebody.
Yup.
Such things as conspiracy, perjury, obstruction of justice, tax evasion, money laundering, etc., etc., etc.
And the grand jury gives power to subpoena phone records, emails, income tax forms, etc., etc., etc.
And to subpoena anyone that could have possible involvement to testify under oath.

Visualize the cheetah on the Discovery Channel, eyes locked in on its prey and the stalk beginning. That's Mueller now...

Bob Lee
boblee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #15
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stykshooter View Post
Following the money, subpoenas issued, my guess it's has some thing to do with Russian dealings
Following the money? Subpoenas issued? Russian dealings?

Hillary is finally going to get indicted? SWEET!!!
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:06 PM   #16
stykshooter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Following the money? Subpoenas issued? Russian dealings?

Hillary is finally going to get indicted? SWEET!!!
That be nice ..... two crooks for the price of one
Old 08-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #17
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
That be nice ..... two crooks for the price of one
So BHO is going down too? EVEN SWEETER!!!
Old 08-03-2017, 05:43 PM   #18
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
Yeah...It's almost as if it's guilty until proven guilty. No smoking gun, but they will sure find someone who's been to the range & has gun powder residue on their hands to make sure the tax payers money was spent wisely & absolutely nothing of substance is going be unfold in regards to any person in real power. These people cannot be touched or it would have happened already from every other time this crap happens.

So, not really proving the evidence they supposedly have of the actual crime is going to be exposed / proven here...we are going to go find the proof & at some point pin it one someone with no significance.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #19
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
How about they all do like the Libs:
say you're innocent
you knew nothing
plead the 5th
It all goes away w/no one charged w/anything!

I can see it now.

"Collusion? Like with a cloth?"

Old 08-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #20
boblee
Four Point

Quote:
Wishful thinking fellas, which I can understand and empathize with. But this investigation ain't about Hillary nor about Obama. It's about Trump and anyone that was on his campaign staff or had any involvement with his campaign staff. Including the Attorney General.

And Mueller has assembled the best staff of former US Attorneys on the planet, with an unlimited budget and no time constraints. Some people are going to be indicted and convicted. Just who remains be seen and it'll be a while. But please allow me to repeat myself; Hillary and Obama are out of this particular equation.

Whether it be right or it be wrong.

Bob Lee
Old 08-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #21
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblee View Post
Wishful thinking fellas, which I can understand and empathize with. But this investigation ain't about Hillary nor about Obama. It's about Trump and anyone that was on his campaign staff or had any involvement with his campaign staff. Including the Attorney General.

And Mueller has assembled the best staff of former US Attorneys on the planet, with an unlimited budget and no time constraints. Some people are going to be indicted and convicted. Just who remains be seen and it'll be a while. But please allow me to repeat myself; Hillary and Obama are out of this particular equation.

Whether it be right or it be wrong.

Bob Lee
Yeah. My reference was due to "follow the money" and "Russian dealings". We all know about Hillary, uranium, money and Russia. Strange, huh?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #22
stykshooter
Ten Point

Quote:
Trump has taught his supporters well ..... deflect, deny & in his (not you) case lie. It wasn't ok when BHO or Killary committed these crimes but our Republicans accepted these actions.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:54 PM   #23
Charles
Pope & Young

I can't even begin to imagine the backlash if he's impeached.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 PM   #24
Landrover
Pope & Young

I hope the names listed above all get sucked into this political vacuum! All of them need to fall like a house of cards. Pipe dream, but that is what needs to happen in this nation to right the ship. Will it sting around the world......yes!!! Would we come out stronger....."hopefully!"

Old 08-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #25
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

But her emails!!!!?? Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #26
boblee
Four Point

For those that are not up to speed with the grand jury system: Defense attorneys are not allowed inside. They may sit outside and hear what happened afterwards.

The prosecution runs the show, hence the old saying that a grand jury can indict a ham sandwich. Mueller has assembled a dream team, there will some indictments.

And there is a bipartisan movement to prevent Trump from firing Mueller.

I'm trying to remain objective. I don't know the truth, nor does anyone else except those that were / are there; the subjects of the investigation. Realizing that it is idealist and unrealistic, I hope the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth will surface. For the good of all.

Bob Lee
Old 08-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #27
SMC
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Looking for a place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I can't even begin to imagine the backlash if he's impeached.
You mean on here on TBH or nation wide. Cause nation wide there will be celebrations.
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #28
TeamAmerica
Six Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblee View Post
Yup.
Such things as conspiracy, perjury, obstruction of justice, tax evasion, money laundering, etc., etc., etc.
And the grand jury gives power to subpoena phone records, emails, income tax forms, etc., etc., etc.
And to subpoena anyone that could have possible involvement to testify under oath.

Visualize the cheetah on the Discovery Channel, eyes locked in on its prey and the stalk beginning. That's Mueller now...

Bob Lee
Tax returns is key here. They will get their hands on them one way or another.

I also see many people misunderstanding the implications. The issue is not changing votes or even influencing legit votes by releasing dnc emails. The much more concerning issue is whether the Russians can influence the administration NOW because they have compromising information on key people. It may be nothing, sanctions, financial arrangements, hookers, or really nothing. who knows but the fact that members of the campaign have met with Russians and have either forgotten or lied about it (Don Jr, kushner, flynn, sessions) means that Mueller and Congress will keep digging.

I still fully expect Trump to get an AG that will fire Mueller.
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #29
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Trump has taught his supporters well ..... deflect, deny & in his (not you) case lie. It wasn't ok when BHO or Killary committed these crimes but our Republicans accepted these actions.

I would be perfectly happy if they shared a cell. His supporters won't buy that yet. It's all but but Hillary now. Just like the left was but but bush. We should be past that.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #30
stickerpatch59
Ten Point

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
Tax returns is key here. They will get their hands on them one way or another.

I also see many people misunderstanding the implications. The issue is not changing votes or even influencing legit votes by releasing dnc emails. The much more concerning issue is whether the Russians can influence the administration NOW because they have compromising information on key people. It may be nothing, sanctions, financial arrangements, hookers, or really nothing. who knows but the fact that members of the campaign have met with Russians and have either forgotten or lied about it (Don Jr, kushner, flynn, sessions) means that Mueller and Congress will keep digging.

I still fully expect Trump to get an AG that will fire Mueller.
I say fire his *** if he doesn't have anything DIRECTLY linking Trump with the so called Russian interference into the past election.

enough of this sh!# is enough, hey it must be great to not have a budget to adhere to and to be able to spend taxpayer money like a drunken sailor; (no offense to drunken sailors,heck they've at least earned it) time to move on.

now maybe lets look at some real criminal activity that happened in the last few years. but NO, the spineless republicans will not dare venture into those murky waters. that's because they all (repubs and dems) eat and sleep togeather; it has to look like a circular firing squad, they all have the sh!# on each other. When it was the USA vs USSR it was called MAD (mutually assured destruction), this is imo what is going on in D.C.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #31
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rusk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
You mean on here on TBH or nation wide. Cause nation wide there will be celebrations.
You are freaking delusional....
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #32
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

Dog and pony show at tax payers expense. Sadly, people still believe the truth will be revealed and justice will be served even though they have seen this same mickey mouse operation time and time again. Appease the masses with slight of hand while the machine keeps on turning.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #33
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Only in the land of Utopia where Unicorns fart rainbows
Old 08-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #34
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
You are freaking delusional....
A lot of people are. On both sides. They still do not understand why, or how he won.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #35
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
There would be celebrations in LA, San Fran, San Diego, NYC, Chicago and a few other large cesspools. The rest of the country that you and people like you refuse to acknowledge the existence of, would be furious.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #36
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
There would be celebrations in LA, San Fran, San Diego, NYC, Chicago and a few other large cesspools. The rest of the country that you and people like you refuse to acknowledge the existence of, would be furious.
Yes sir,
These libs always assume that the country as a whole thinks the same way those dumps you mentioned do........fact is outside those dumps the entire country is red
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #37
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Spot on. Extremely furious.
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #38
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neck View Post
Dog and pony show at tax payers expense. Sadly, people still believe the truth will be revealed and justice will be served even though they have seen this same mickey mouse operation time and time again. Appease the masses with slight of hand while the machine keeps on turning.

It's different this time. This time you have politicians working with politicians to oust the "non-politician" president. Seem like the only thing these sorry politicians can agree on is that they need to get rid of the one guy who wants to listen to the people of this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #39
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: \_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Bit delusional aren't ya?

Name:  map.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  46.0 KB
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #40
SMC
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Looking for a place

Sad to be a republican isn't it. All that red and still can't get anything done. Smh.
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #41
yazoomon
Spike

Hunt In: Ms.

The Gov. bureaucrats (all agencies), the political parties (Both), the lobbyist, the pharmaceuticals, insurance ind. are all scared to death of him. They have to destroy him before he gets the monster back under control (if it's even possible at this point). He is the peoples only hope. He needs all our prayers and our backing completely! Otherwise we soon become FRANCE. Just think, He built a great company, had a great life doing what he liked. He gets elected and the whole world is on fire and our country felt like we were in a depression and he's attacked immediately from within. BUT HE FIGHTS ON. On the other hand, Hillary leaves the White House and they are broke (her words) and she becomes Sec. of State and within 5 or 6 years, she and bill are worth 200 million and have a foundation worth over 2 BILLION. WHO ARE THEY INVESTIGATING? TRUMP DONATES HIS SALARY. WHAT'S UP WITH OUR GOVERNMENT?????
yazoomon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 12:13 AM   #42
Blast-n-cast
Ten Point

Hunt In: Goliad County, New Mexico, and anywhere else I can get a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
Bit delusional aren't ya?

Attachment 866473
Lets not forget Trump lost the popular vote by 2.8 million votes and now has an approval rating somewhere around 34% so I think its safe to say many would be celebrating. Nothing delusional about that.
Blast-n-cast is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #43
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
Lets not forget Trump lost the popular vote by 2.8 million votes and now has an approval rating somewhere around 34% so I think its safe to say many would be celebrating. Nothing delusional about that.
And that matters why?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #44
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Look up Chuck Shumers, Nancy Polosi, Maxine Watters, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnel and John McCains approval rating. Trump's approval rating is better than all of them.

Let's not dismiss silly little details.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:03 AM   #45
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Look up Chuck Shumers, Nancy Polosi, Maxine Watters, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnel and John McCains approval rating. Trump's approval rating is better than all of them.

Let's not dismiss silly little details.
So all of them are under water...awesomeness ....lol.
Gonna be time to flush the toilet soon. Woohoo!!!

Old 08-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #46
batmaninja
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Lets not forget Trump lost the popular vote by 2.8 million votes
I know, right.

So how did the Russians manage to figure out to hack the electoral college but not win the popular vote?
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #47
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
So all of them are under water...awesomeness ....lol.
Gonna be time to flush the toilet soon. Woohoo!!!

It's embarrassing how incompetent all of our elected officials are. Seems like the only thing they know how to do is appoint a special investigation that usually goes no where.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #48
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I know, right.

So how did the Russians manage to figure out to hack the electoral college but not win the popular vote?
It's a very complex code
Old 08-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #49
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Wait, come one guys yall are better than this. How many polls do you have to see be proven completely wrong to see they are wagging the dog. Trump polls on average around the mid 40s. What portion of the popular vote did he win again to become POTUS? Mid 40s. So nothing has changed, but the MSM would love you to believe otherwise.

Any of yall ever been polled? Exactly.

If any, any of the polls were accurate Hillary would be in the WH right now guys.

Last edited by J Sweet; 08-10-2017 at 10:23 AM..
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #50
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Quote:

It's embarrassing how incompetent all of our elected officials are. Seems like the only thing they know how to do is appoint a special investigation that usually goes no where.
Sadly Charles, not incompetent but rather, corrupt. Most of these guys probably believe since they aren't receiving a suitcase full of cash from a sketchy guy in a trench coat, that makes them honorable. Their actions make them just as corrupt if they had taken the cash.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top